The authors wish to thank Christopher Bradley, I-Fen Lin, Denise Reiling, Diane Taub, and the three anonymous reviewers for their very helpful comments on earlier versions of the manuscript. An earlier version of this paper was presented at the 2010 Annual Meeting of the Midwest Sociological Society. Please direct correspondence to Holly R. Fee, Department of Sociology, Bowling Green State University, 222 Williams Hall, Bowling Green, OH 43403; e-mail: email@example.com.
Social Distance and the Formerly Obese: Does the Stigma of Obesity Linger?*
Article first published online: 4 MAY 2012
© 2012 Alpha Kappa Delta
Volume 82, Issue 3, pages 356–377, August 2012
How to Cite
Fee, H. R. and Nusbaumer, M. R. (2012), Social Distance and the Formerly Obese: Does the Stigma of Obesity Linger?. Sociological Inquiry, 82: 356–377. doi: 10.1111/j.1475-682X.2012.00420.x
- Issue published online: 6 JUL 2012
- Article first published online: 4 MAY 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!