The authors declare no conflicts of interest.
Evaluation of acute congestive heart failure in dogs and cats: 145 cases (2007–2008)
Article first published online: 19 MAR 2010
© Veterinary Emergency and Critical Care Society 2010
Journal of Veterinary Emergency and Critical Care
Volume 20, Issue 3, pages 330–337, June 2010
How to Cite
Goutal, C. M., Keir, I., Kenney, S., Rush, J. E. and Freeman, L. M. (2010), Evaluation of acute congestive heart failure in dogs and cats: 145 cases (2007–2008). Journal of Veterinary Emergency and Critical Care, 20: 330–337. doi: 10.1111/j.1476-4431.2010.00524.x
Dr. Goutal current address: Louisiana State University School of Veterinary Medicine, Baton Rouge, LA. Dr. Keir current address: The Royal Veterinary College, North Mymms, Hatfield, UK. Dr. Kenney current address: Ocean State Veterinary Specialists, East Greenwich, RI.
- Issue published online: 8 JUN 2010
- Article first published online: 19 MAR 2010
- Submitted July 23, 2009; Accepted January 28, 2010.
- 2Characteristics and outcomes of patients hospitalized for heart failure in the United States: rationale, design, and preliminary observations from the first 100,000 cases in the acute decompensated heart failure national registry (ADHERE). Am Heart J 2005; 149:209–216., , , et al.
- 3Clinical presentation, management, and in-hospital outcomes of patients admitted with acute decompensated heart failure with preserved systolic function: a report from the acute decompensated heart failure national registry (ADHERE) database. J Am Coll Cardiol 2006; 47:76–84., , , et al.
- 11Survival in dogs with dilated cardiomyopathy and congestive heart failure treated with digoxin, furosemide and propranolol: a retrospective study of 62 dogs. J Vet Cardiol 2006; 8:41–47.
- 15International Small Animal Cardiac Health Council. Recommendations for diagnosis of heart disease and treatment of heart failure in small animals (Appendix A), In: FoxPR, SissonD, MoïseNS. eds. Textbook of Canine and Feline Cardiology, 2nd ed. Philadelphia: WB Saunders; 1999, pp. 883–901.
- 16Development and validation of a body condition score system for dogs. Canine Pract 1997; 22:10–15.
- 17Development and validation of a body condition score system for cats: a clinical tool. Feline Pract 1997; 25:13–18.