I gratefully acknowledge helpful comments and suggestions from Christopher Kam, Bernhard Miller, Wolfgang C. Müller and two anonymous reviewers, and financial support by the Zukunftskolleg at the University of Konstanz as part of the Excellence Initiative funded by the German Research Foundation (DFG).
Checks or Toothless Tigers? Powers and Incentives of External Officeholders to Constrain the Cabinet in 25 European Democracies
Article first published online: 3 SEP 2012
© The Author 2012. Government and Opposition © 2012 Government and Opposition Ltd
Government and Opposition
Volume 47, Issue 4, pages 517–543, October 2012
How to Cite
Sieberer, U. (2012), Checks or Toothless Tigers? Powers and Incentives of External Officeholders to Constrain the Cabinet in 25 European Democracies. Government and Opposition, 47: 517–543. doi: 10.1111/j.1477-7053.2012.01373.x
- Issue published online: 3 SEP 2012
- Article first published online: 3 SEP 2012
- German Research Foundation (DFG)
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!