Energy efficiency: The best immediate option for a secure, clean, healthy future
Version of Record online: 21 DEC 2006
Natural Resources Forum
Volume 30, Issue 4, pages 318–327, November 2006
How to Cite
Ottinger, R. L. (2006), Energy efficiency: The best immediate option for a secure, clean, healthy future. Natural Resources Forum, 30: 318–327. doi: 10.1111/j.1477-8947.2006.00124.x
- Issue online: 21 DEC 2006
- Version of Record online: 21 DEC 2006
- China, 2004. GB50034-2004. Published in Ministry of Contruction Gazette N° 247.
- 2000. Supporting a network for energy efficiency labels and standards programmes in developing countries. Paper presented at 2nd International Conference on Energy Efficiency in Household Appliances and Lighting. Naples, 27–29 September. See also http://www.CLASPonline.org/download/Standards_Labelling/2000/104/. , , , , , ,
- The Climate Group, 2004. Carbon down, profits up. As updated August 30, 2004. The Climate Group, London, UK, Available from http://www.theclimategroup.org/assets/TCG_Emissions%20Charts%2004.pdf.
- 1998. Ratepayer-funded energy-efficiency programs in a restructured electricity industry: Issues and options for regulators and legislators, American Council for an Energy-efficient Economy, Washington, D.C., May. , and ,
- 1999a. Meeting America's Kyoto target: Policies and impacts. American Council for an Energy Efficient Economy, Washington, D.C. , , ,
- 1999b. Update on Brazil's National Electricity Conservation Program (PROCEL). American Council for an Energy-Efficient Economy, Washington, D.C., June. , , , , ,
- 1998. Approaching the Kyoto targets: Five key strategies for the United States. American Council for an Energy-Efficient Economy, Washington, D.C., August. , , , , ,
- 1998. Issues and options; The Clean Development Mechanism. United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), New York. , (Eds.),
- 2004. Energy Labelling and Standards Programmes Throughout the World, 2nd Ed. Report 2004/04. The National Appliance and Equipment Energy Efficiency Committee, Australia, at http://www.energyefficient.com.au. , ,
- 2006. Energy efficiency — a critical view. Energy, 31: 10–20. ,
- 1998. Demonstration of energy savings of cool roofs. Report LBNL 40673. Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, Berkeley, CA. , , , ,
- 2001. Opportunities for new appliance and equipment efficiency standards: Energy and economic savings beyond current standards programmes. Report A 016. American Council for an Energy-Efficient Economy, Washington, D.C., Sept. http://aceee.org. , , ,
- 1997. Climate: Making sense and making money. RMI Publ. E 97–13. Rocky Mountain Institute. , ,
- 2003. Energy security facts (for a typical year, 2000). Rocky Mountain Institute, Snowmass, CO. 2 June. Available from http://www.rmi.org/sitepages/pid1010.php ,
- 1996. Changing government purchasing practices: Promoting energy efficiency on a budget. Proceedings of the ACEEE Summer Study, Asilomar, California. American Council for an Energy-Efficient Economy, Washington, D.C. ., ,
- 1999. Fuel-based light: Large CO2 source. International Association for Energy-Efficient Lighting, Newsletter, 8(23): 4. ,
- Ihle, 1999. Renewable Energy Policy Outside the United States, Renewable Energy Policy Project Issue Brief No. 14, Washington, D.C., October.
- 1998. The role of market transformation strategies in achieving a more sustainable energy future. American Council for an Energy-Efficient Economy, Washington, D.C. March. , ,
- Neal, 2004. The technical, economic and achievable potential for energy efficiency in the United States: A meta-analysis of recent studies. Proceedings, ACEEE Summer Studies on Energy-Efficiency in Buildings. American Council for an Energy-Efficient Economy (ACEEE), Washington, D.C. , ,
- National Research Council, 2004. The Hydrogen economy: Opportunities, costs, barriers, and R&D needs. Committee on Alternatives and Strategies for Future Hydrogen Production and Use, National Research Council, Washington, D.C.
- 1991. Environmental Costs of Electricity. Oceana Publications, New York. , , , , ,
- 1997. Energy after Rio: Prospects and Challenges. UN Sales #E.97 III.B.11. United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), New York. , , ,
- 1997. The Costs of Climate Protection: A Guide for the Perplexed. World Resources Institute, Washington, D.C. , ,
- 2000. Environmental law systems for sustainable energy. Proceedings of the CleanEnergy2000 Conference, Geneva, Switzerland. 24–28 January. ,
- 1999. Cool Companies: How the Best Businesses Boost Profits and Productivity by Cutting Greenhouse Gas Emissions. Island Press, Washington, D.C. ,
- 1990. Summer heat islands, urban trees and white surfaces. Proceedings of Conference of American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air Conditioning Engineers. Atlanta, GA. February. Also Report LBNL 28308, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, Berkeley, CA. , ,
- 1997. Painting the town white — and green. MIT Technology Review, February/March. , , , ,
- 1994. Greenhouse gases: Perspectives on coal. Report IEAPER/12. IEA Coal Research, London. , , ,
- 1999. Market transformation initiatives: Making steady progress. American Council for an Energy-Efficient Economy, Washington, D.C., May. , ,
- UNEP, forthcoming. Industrial Efficiency section (draft). UNEP Handbook for Draftsmen of Environmentally Sound Legislation on Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy. Drafted by Ernst Worrell, Lynn Price, Michael Brown and Jeffrey Bell.
- 2001. Energy efficiency labels and standards: A guidebook for appliances, equipment and lighting. Collaborative Labelling and Appliance Standards Programme, Washington, D.C. Available at http://www.CLASPonline.org. , (Eds.)