This paper builds on Rahman's Ph.D. thesis, which was completed at the Asian Institute of Technology in 1998. We thank them for use of these data and the Government of Japan for the financial support that made data collection possible. This paper was written when Coelli and Rahman were visiting the Department of Agricultural and Food Economics at the University of Reading. We thank the United States Department of Agriculture for funding them both. Finally, we are indebted to two anonymous referees whose comments have improved the paper considerably.
Technical, Allocative, Cost and Scale Efficiencies in Bangladesh Rice Cultivation: A Non-parametric Approach
Article first published online: 12 SEP 2005
Journal of Agricultural Economics
Volume 53, Issue 3, pages 607–626, November 2002
How to Cite
Coelli, T., Rahman, S. and Thirtle, C. (2002), Technical, Allocative, Cost and Scale Efficiencies in Bangladesh Rice Cultivation: A Non-parametric Approach. Journal of Agricultural Economics, 53: 607–626. doi: 10.1111/j.1477-9552.2002.tb00040.x
- Issue published online: 12 SEP 2005
- Article first published online: 12 SEP 2005
- (Original received September 2001; revision received June 2002; accepted July 2002)
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!