Dr Breustedt is with the Department of Agricultural Economics, University of Kiel, 24098 Kiel, Germany. E-mail: email@example.com for correspondence. Dr Bokusheva is at the Leibniz Institut für Agrarentwicklung in Mittel- und Osteuropa, Theodor-Lieser-Str.2, 06120 Halle, Germany. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Olaf Heidelbach (MSc. Agr.) is with the Delegation of the European Commission to the Kyrgyz Republic. E-mail: email@example.com. The authors are grateful to Barry K. Goodwin for a discussion on an early version of this analysis. They also want to thank two anonymous reviewers and the Editor, David Harvey, for helpful comments and suggestions. Financial support of the Volkswagen Foundation is gratefully acknowledged.
Evaluating the Potential of Index Insurance Schemes to Reduce Crop Yield Risk in an Arid Region
Article first published online: 18 FEB 2008
© 2008 The Authors. Journal compilation © 2008 The Agricultural Economics Society
Journal of Agricultural Economics
Volume 59, Issue 2, pages 312–328, June 2008
How to Cite
Breustedt, G., Bokusheva, R. and Heidelbach, O. (2008), Evaluating the Potential of Index Insurance Schemes to Reduce Crop Yield Risk in an Arid Region. Journal of Agricultural Economics, 59: 312–328. doi: 10.1111/j.1477-9552.2007.00152.x
- Issue published online: 18 FEB 2008
- Article first published online: 18 FEB 2008
- (Original submitted May 2007, revision received November 2007, accepted November 2007.)
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Type your institution's name in the box below. If your institution is a Wiley customer, it will appear in the list of suggested institutions and you will be able to log in to access content. Some users may also log in directly via OpenAthens.
Please note that there are currently a number of duplicate entries in the list of institutions. We are actively working on fixing this issue and apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!