Rodney Smith is an Associate Professor, Department of Applied Economics, University of Minnesota, Saint Paul, MN 55108, USA. E-mail: email@example.com for correspondence. Masahiko Gemma is a Professor, Graduate School of Social Sciences, Waseda University,Tokyo, Japan. K. Palinisami is Director, IWMI-Tata Water Policy Program, Hyderabad.The authors acknowledge generous funding support from the Japanese Society for the Promotion of Sciences. Rodney Smith gratefully acknowledges funding support from the Abe Fellowship Program, Japan Foundation Center for Global Partnership. Data for the empirical analysis were provided by Takeshi Sakurai, Hitotsubashi University, Japan. Finally, the paper has benefited greatly from conversations with Rolf Fare, Shawna Grosskopf and Nori Tauri, and also from comments from the editor and two anonymous reviewers.
Profit Based Efficiency Measures, with an Application to Rice Production in Southern India
Version of Record online: 24 MAR 2011
© 2011 The Agricultural Economics Society
Journal of Agricultural Economics
Volume 62, Issue 2, pages 340–356, June 2011
How to Cite
Smith, R. B. W., Gemma, M. and Palinisami, K. (2011), Profit Based Efficiency Measures, with an Application to Rice Production in Southern India. Journal of Agricultural Economics, 62: 340–356. doi: 10.1111/j.1477-9552.2010.00288.x
- Issue online: 23 MAY 2011
- Version of Record online: 24 MAR 2011
- (Original submitted March 2009, revision received April 2010, accepted December 2010.)
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!