Sophia Davidova is a Professor of European Agricultural Policy at the University of Kent, School of Economics, Canterbury CT2 7NZ, UK. E-mail: S.M.Davidova@kent.ac.uk for correspondence. The article draws on work for a European collaborative research project FP6 ‘Structural Change in Agriculture and Rural Livelihoods’ (SCARLED). It also develops ideas generated during work commissioned by the European Network for Rural Development. The author is grateful to Alastair Bailey, Lena Fredriksson and Matthew Gorton who have been involved in the aforesaid research, and to David Harvey and Matthew Gorton who provided comments on an earlier draft of this article. The author is fully responsible for the content.
Semi-Subsistence Farming: An Elusive Concept Posing Thorny Policy Questions
Article first published online: 6 AUG 2011
© 2011 The Agricultural Economics Society
Journal of Agricultural Economics
Volume 62, Issue 3, pages 503–524, September 2011
How to Cite
Davidova, S. (2011), Semi-Subsistence Farming: An Elusive Concept Posing Thorny Policy Questions. Journal of Agricultural Economics, 62: 503–524. doi: 10.1111/j.1477-9552.2011.00313.x
- Issue published online: 6 AUG 2011
- Article first published online: 6 AUG 2011
Options for accessing this content:
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!