Jean-Paul Chavas is Professor, Department of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Taylor Hall, University of Wisconsin, Madison, USA. Salvatore Di Falco is Professor, London School of Economics, Houghton Street, London, UK. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org for correspondence. We would like to thank Alemu Mekonnen, Gunnar Köhlin, Menale Kassie, Mintewab Bezabih, Liyou Borga and the Ethiopian Development Research Institute for their support. We also would like to thank Brad Barham and two anonymous reviewers for useful comments on earlier drafts of the article.
On the Role of Risk Versus Economies of Scope in Farm Diversification With an Application to Ethiopian Farms
Article first published online: 28 NOV 2011
© 2011 The Agricultural Economics Society
Journal of Agricultural Economics
Volume 63, Issue 1, pages 25–55, February 2012
How to Cite
Chavas, J.-P. and Di Falco, S. (2012), On the Role of Risk Versus Economies of Scope in Farm Diversification With an Application to Ethiopian Farms. Journal of Agricultural Economics, 63: 25–55. doi: 10.1111/j.1477-9552.2011.00319.x
- Issue published online: 9 JAN 2012
- Article first published online: 28 NOV 2011
- (Original submitted March 2010, Revision received June 2011, accepted July 2011.)
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!