Department of Economics and the Sustainable Consumption Institute, Manchester University, Arthur Lewis Building, Oxford Road, Manchester, M13 9PL, UK. E-mail: email@example.com for correspondence. I am thankful to Lorenza Quintaliani, Giacomo Zanello, Viviana Albani, Ariane Kehlbacher, Noppamas Karoon, Elisabetta Pirodda and Aurelia Samuel for their support in the data collection. I am indebted to Richard Tiffin, Kelvin Balcombe and Lucia Baldi for their extremely valuable inputs and support in the data analysis. I am also grateful to: Garth Holloway, Bruce Traill and Iain Fraser for useful conversations; Carlo Reggiani, Valentina Raimondi and Alessandro Olper for helpful suggestions on a previous version of this article; Viviana Albani for support in the revision phase and to Stephen Smith for providing useful material. I am also grateful to David Harvey and an anonymous referee whose comments considerably improved this study. Any remaining errors are solely the author's responsibility.
Alcohol Tax, Price–Quality Proxy and Discounting: A Reason Why Alcohol Taxes May Rebound
Article first published online: 27 AUG 2012
© 2012 The Agricultural Economics Society
Journal of Agricultural Economics
Volume 63, Issue 3, pages 715–736, September 2012
How to Cite
Panzone, L. A. (2012), Alcohol Tax, Price–Quality Proxy and Discounting: A Reason Why Alcohol Taxes May Rebound. Journal of Agricultural Economics, 63: 715–736. doi: 10.1111/j.1477-9552.2012.00351.x
- Issue published online: 27 AUG 2012
- Article first published online: 27 AUG 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!