Department of Economics and the Sustainable Consumption Institute, Manchester University, Arthur Lewis Building, Oxford Road, Manchester, M13 9PL, UK. E-mail: email@example.com for correspondence. I am thankful to Lorenza Quintaliani, Giacomo Zanello, Viviana Albani, Ariane Kehlbacher, Noppamas Karoon, Elisabetta Pirodda and Aurelia Samuel for their support in the data collection. I am indebted to Richard Tiffin, Kelvin Balcombe and Lucia Baldi for their extremely valuable inputs and support in the data analysis. I am also grateful to: Garth Holloway, Bruce Traill and Iain Fraser for useful conversations; Carlo Reggiani, Valentina Raimondi and Alessandro Olper for helpful suggestions on a previous version of this article; Viviana Albani for support in the revision phase and to Stephen Smith for providing useful material. I am also grateful to David Harvey and an anonymous referee whose comments considerably improved this study. Any remaining errors are solely the author's responsibility.
Alcohol Tax, Price–Quality Proxy and Discounting: A Reason Why Alcohol Taxes May Rebound
Article first published online: 27 AUG 2012
© 2012 The Agricultural Economics Society
Journal of Agricultural Economics
Volume 63, Issue 3, pages 715–736, September 2012
How to Cite
Panzone, L. A. (2012), Alcohol Tax, Price–Quality Proxy and Discounting: A Reason Why Alcohol Taxes May Rebound. Journal of Agricultural Economics, 63: 715–736. doi: 10.1111/j.1477-9552.2012.00351.x
- Issue published online: 27 AUG 2012
- Article first published online: 27 AUG 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
If your institution is a registered Wiley Online Library customer, you can log in under your institution's name to see our content. This access is provided by Shibboleth or Athens.
Type your institution's name in the box below. If your institution is a Wiley customer, it will appear in the list of suggested institutions.
Please note that there are currently a number of duplicate entries in the list of institutions. We are actively working on fixing this issue and apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!