Catherine Larochelle is a post-doctoral research associate in the Department of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Virginia Tech, Blacksburg, VA 24601, USA. E-mail: email@example.com for correspondence. Jeffrey Alwang is is professor with the Department of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Virginia Tech, Blacksburg, VA 24061, USA. The authors thank two anonymous reviewers and Editor David Harvey for helpful suggestions. We are also thankful to George Davis for his comments and to researchers at the foundation PROINPA (Cochabamba, Bolivia) for advice, discussions and help identifying potato plot locations. Funding for this research was provided by the SANREM CRSP and was made possible by the United States Agency for International Development and the generous support of the American people through USAID Cooperative Agreement No. EPP-A-00-04-00013-00.
The Role of Risk Mitigation in Production Efficiency: A Case Study of Potato Cultivation in the Bolivian Andes
Article first published online: 17 OCT 2012
© 2012 The Agricultural Economics Society
Journal of Agricultural Economics
Volume 64, Issue 2, pages 363–381, June 2013
How to Cite
Larochelle, C. and Alwang, J. (2013), The Role of Risk Mitigation in Production Efficiency: A Case Study of Potato Cultivation in the Bolivian Andes. Journal of Agricultural Economics, 64: 363–381. doi: 10.1111/j.1477-9552.2012.00367.x
- Issue published online: 15 MAY 2013
- Article first published online: 17 OCT 2012
- (Original submitted August 2011, revision received July 2012, accepted August 2012.)
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!