Marijn Verschelde is a postdoctoral researcher at the SHERPPA, and Department of General Economics, Ghent University, Tweekerkenstraat 2, 9000 Ghent, Belgium. E-mail: email@example.com for correspondence. Marijke D’Haese is a professor in the Department of Agricultural Economics, Ghent University, Belgium. Glenn Rayp is a professor at the SHERPPA, and Department of General Economics, Ghent University, Belgium. Ellen Vandamme is a research member in the Department of Agricultural Economics, Ghent University, Belgium. We sincerely thank the editor and two anonymous referees, as well as the participants of the 122nd EAAE Seminar in Ancona, Sietse Bracke, Mika Kortelainen, Klaas Mulier, and Koen Schoors for their helpful suggestions and insightful comments on an earlier draft of this paper. The financial support from VLIR-UOS for data collection in the Own Initiative Project ZEIN2007PR336 is acknowledged. Marijn Verschelde acknowledges the Fund for Scientific Research Flanders (FWO Vlaanderen) for financial support. Any remaining errors are ours.
Challenging Small-Scale Farming: A Non-Parametric Analysis of the (Inverse) Relationship Between Farm Productivity and Farm Size in Burundi
Article first published online: 2 NOV 2012
© 2012 The Agricultural Economics Society
Journal of Agricultural Economics
Volume 64, Issue 2, pages 319–342, June 2013
How to Cite
Verschelde, M., D’Haese, M., Rayp, G. and Vandamme, E. (2013), Challenging Small-Scale Farming: A Non-Parametric Analysis of the (Inverse) Relationship Between Farm Productivity and Farm Size in Burundi. Journal of Agricultural Economics, 64: 319–342. doi: 10.1111/j.1477-9552.2012.00373.x
- Issue published online: 15 MAY 2013
- Article first published online: 2 NOV 2012
- (Original submitted July 2011, revision received February 2012, accepted June 2012.)
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!