This article is based on anthropological research undertaken in the Sudan during 1959–60 in the village which is today the headquarters for the Hindiya tar?qa. The research was supported by the Social Research Center, American University at Cairo, and by the American University at Cairo. For this support and for the hospitality and co-operation of Sharif cAbd al-Rahmān and the officers of the tar?qa the writer wishes to express his thanks and appreciation.
A SUDANESE RELIGIOUS BROTHERHOOD:1
Article first published online: 3 APR 2007
The Muslim World
Volume 53, Issue 2, pages 127–137, April 1963
How to Cite
Barclay, H. B. (1963), A SUDANESE RELIGIOUS BROTHERHOOD:. The Muslim World, 53: 127–137. doi: 10.1111/j.1478-1913.1963.tb01146.x
- Issue published online: 3 APR 2007
- Article first published online: 3 APR 2007
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!