I would like to express my appreciation to Dr Afifi al-Akiti of Oxford University for inviting me to contribute to this timely special volume celebrating al-Ghazālī's 900th anniversary. Thanks are also due to Mr Kamaluddin Ahmed and an anonymous reader for improving the English text.
Al-Ghazālī between Philosophy (Falsafa) and Sufism (Taṣawwuf): His Complex Attitude in the Marvels of the Heart ('Ajā'ib al-Qalb) of the Iḥyā' 'Ulūm al-Dīn
Article first published online: 21 DEC 2011
© 2011 Hartford Seminary
The Muslim World
Special Issue: Celebrating the 900th Anniversary of al-Ghazali, Part 1 of 2. Edited by M. Afifi al-Akiti
Volume 101, Issue 4, pages 614–632, October 2011
How to Cite
Janssens, J. (2011), Al-Ghazālī between Philosophy (Falsafa) and Sufism (Taṣawwuf): His Complex Attitude in the Marvels of the Heart ('Ajā'ib al-Qalb) of the Iḥyā' 'Ulūm al-Dīn. The Muslim World, 101: 614–632. doi: 10.1111/j.1478-1913.2011.01375.x
- Issue published online: 21 DEC 2011
- Article first published online: 21 DEC 2011
Options for accessing this content:
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!