Management of behavioral and psychological symptoms of dementia in long-term care facilities in Japan
Article first published online: 8 MAR 2010
© 2010 The Authors. Journal compilation © 2010 Japanese Psychogeriatric Society
Volume 9, Issue 4, pages 186–195, December 2009
How to Cite
KUTSUMI, M., ITO, M., SUGIURA, K., TERABE, M. and MIKAMI, H. (2009), Management of behavioral and psychological symptoms of dementia in long-term care facilities in Japan. Psychogeriatrics, 9: 186–195. doi: 10.1111/j.1479-8301.2009.00301.x
- Issue published online: 8 MAR 2010
- Article first published online: 8 MAR 2010
- Received 3 August 2009; accepted 7 September 2009.
- 1The Ministry of Health, Labor and Welfare. Kaigokyufuhi Jittai Tyousa Geppou [A Monthly Report of the Actual Payment for Long-Term Care Insurance] (in Japanese). 2006. Available from: http://www.mhlw.go.jp/toukei/saikin/hw/kaigo/kyufu/2006/10hyo2.html[Accessed 26 June 2008]
- 2The Japanese Society for Dementia Care. Ninchisyo kea Jireisyu [Examples of Caring for People With Dementia]. Tokyo: World Planning, 2006 (in Japanese).
- 4Reality orientation for dementia. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2000; 4: CD001119., , , .
- 14Influence of interpersonal affect on causal attribution for helping and non-helping behaviors. Jpn J Exp Social Psychol 1990; 30: 133–146., .
- 19Koureisya syogu kenkyukai. Tokubetsuyougoroujin homu ni okeru koureisya gyakutai ni kansuru jittai to isikityosa [Actual condition and attitude survey about elderly abuse in nursing homes]. Tokyo: Japanese Center for the Prevention of Elder Abuse, 2000 (in Japanese).
- 20Constructing a new concept of BPSD. Caring for people with dementia living in facilities; beyond the paradigm which BPSD is the problematic behavior. J Jpn Soc Nurs Res 2008; 31: 111–120 (in Japanese with an English abstract)., , , .
- 22Ninchisyo kanjya heno hiyakubutsuryouhou [Nonpharmacological therapy for people with dementia]. Rinsyou Kenkyu 2008; 85: 501–506 (in Japanese)..
- 23The Discovery of Grounded Theory: Strategies for Qualitative Research. New York: Aldine Transaction, 1967., .
- 24International Psychogeriatric Association. Introduction to Behavioral and Psychological Symptoms of Dementia. Available from: http://www.ipa-online.org/ipaonlinev3/ipaprograms/taskforces/bpsd/intro.asp[Accessed 1 September 2009].
- 26Study of the reliability of the Japanese version of the BEHAVE-AD. Jpn J Geriatr Psychiatry 1999; 10: 825–834 (in Japanese)., , , .
- 30SPSS Inc. Clementine 10.1 Node References. Tokyo: SPSS Inc., 2005.
- 31Soukan ru-ru to sono syuhen [Association rule and its related area]. Operations Res 2002; 47: 565–571 (in Japanese)., .
- 32Data Mining Techniques: For Marketing, Sales, and Consumer Relationship Management, 2nd edn. Tokyo: Kaibundo, 2006., .
- 34Ninchisyo No Pa-Son Senta-Do Kea [Dementia Reconsidered the Person Comes First]. Tokyo: Tsutsuisyobou, 2005 (in Japanese)..
- 43Zaitaku chihousei roujin kaigo jyokyo jittai tyousa [Research of caregiving for people with dementia at home]. J Health Welfare Statistics 1999; 46: 12–16 (in Japanese)., , .