Effects of music and art education in early life and oral functions on the QOL of the Takarazuka Revue Company OG compared with general elderly females
Article first published online: 23 JUN 2010
© 2010 The Authors; Journal compilation © 2010 Japanese Psychogeriatric Society
Volume 10, Issue 1, pages 4–14, March 2010
How to Cite
MASUTANI, T., YAMAMOTO, Y., KONISHI, J. and MAEDA, K. (2010), Effects of music and art education in early life and oral functions on the QOL of the Takarazuka Revue Company OG compared with general elderly females. Psychogeriatrics, 10: 4–14. doi: 10.1111/j.1479-8301.2010.00314.x
- Issue published online: 23 JUN 2010
- Article first published online: 23 JUN 2010
- Received 12 August 2009; accepted 10 December 2009.
- 1Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications/Bureau of Statistics. Estimated Population by Age (by Five Age Categories) and Gender. Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications/Bureau of Statistics. [Cited June 2009.] Available from URL: http://www.stat.go.jp/data/jinsui/tsuki/index.htm
- 2National Institute of Population and Social Security Research. Future Total Population and Growth Rates by Age Group (Three Categories), Latest Demographic Statistics. 2009. [Cited June 2009.] Available from URL: http://www.ipss.go.jp/syoushika/tohkei/Data/Popular2008/T02-07.html
- 3Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare. 2008 Simple Life Table. [Cited June 2009.] Available from URL: http://www.mhlw.go.jp/saikin/hw/life/life08/index.html
- 4Management of oral function in elderly from perspective of physical and mental characteristics. J Jpn Dent Assoc 2009; 28: 64–67 (in Japanese)..
- 5The relationship between oral health and brain function. J Jpn Dent Assoc 2009; 28: 60–63 (in Japanese)..
- 6Role of oral health care service in aged society. J Jpn Dent Assoc 2009; 28: 68–71 (in Japanese)..
- 7The improvement of frontal lobe function by repaired occlusion. Jpn J Gerodontol 2003; 18: 199–204 (in Japanese)., .
- 8Relationship between masticatory ability and physical condition in the elderly. Jpn J Gerodontol 1997; 11: 169–173 (in Japanese)., , , .
- 9Impact of Prosthodontic Treatment on the QOL and ADL of Elderly Patients 2005. 8020 Public Research Report 2005; 35–43 (in Japanese)., , , , .
- 11Relationship between dental occlusion and physical fitness in an elderly population. J Gerontol Med Sci 2002; 57A: 616–620., , et al.
- 14Neuropsychology of music: A review of work on the brain and singing ability. Jpn Assoc Music Psychol Ther 2001; 30: 3–10 (in Japanese)..
- 15Dental therapy for individuals with dementia: What the primary doctor should know. Dement Jpn 2008; 22: 269–278 (in Japanese)., , .
- 16Oral care for the elderly. Jpn J Geriatr 2007; 44: 1–10 (in Japanese)., , .
- 17Aging and mastication: The relationship between oral status and the progress of dementia at Senile Hospital. J Jpn Prosthodont Soc 1991; 35: 931–943 (in Japanese)., , , .
- 24Automated 3D mapping of hippocampal atrophy and its clinical correlates in 400 subjects with Alzheimer's disease, mild cognitive impairment, and elderly controls. Hum Brain Mapp 2009; 30: 2766–2788. doi: 10.1002/hbm.20708. [Cited 2010.] Available from URL: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sites/entrez, , et al.