Subjective experiences of family caregivers of patients with dementia as predictive factors of quality of life
Version of Record online: 27 JUN 2011
© 2011 The Authors; Psychogeriatrics © 2011 Japanese Psychogeriatric Society
Volume 11, Issue 2, pages 98–104, June 2011
How to Cite
TAKAI, M., TAKAHASHI, M., IWAMITSU, Y., OISHI, S. and MIYAOKA, H. (2011), Subjective experiences of family caregivers of patients with dementia as predictive factors of quality of life. Psychogeriatrics, 11: 98–104. doi: 10.1111/j.1479-8301.2011.00354.x
- Issue online: 27 JUN 2011
- Version of Record online: 27 JUN 2011
- Received 25 August 2010; accepted 17 January 2011.
- 1Small and Medium Enterprise Agency, Ministry of Economy, Trade, and Industry. Small and Medium Enterprises at a Turning Point: Strengthening Ties with Owners Economies and Population Decline in Japan. The White Paper on Small and Medium Enterprise in Japan. Tokyo: Ministry of Economy, 2006 (in Japanese).
- 3Management of agitation, aggression, and psychosis associated with dementia: A pooled analysis including three randomized, placebo-controlled double-blind trials in nursing home residents treated with risperidone. Clin Neurol Neurosurg 2005; 107: 497–508., , , , , .
- 10QOL and the burden of care-giving for demented elderly at home. Ronen Seishin Igaku Zasshi 2001; 12: 1159–1167 (in Japanese with an English abstract)., , , .
- 11The relation between subjective quality-of-life of family caregivers and the mild BPSD of a person with dementia. Ronen Shakai Kagaku 2006; 27: 416–426 (in Japanese with an English abstract)., , , .
- 20WHO QOL26. Division of Mental Health and Protection of Substance Abuse. World Health Organization. Tokyo: Kanekoshobou, 1997 (in Japanese)., .
- 21Burnout: From Tedium to Personal Growth. New York: The Free Press, 1981., , .
- 22Burnout and burnout scale. Kango Kenkyu 1988; 21: 27–35 (in Japanese)..
- 23Manual for the Beck Depression Inventory–Second Edition. San Antonio: The Psychological Corporation, 1996., , .
- 26Usefulness of a Japanese version of the Mini-Mental State Test in neurological patients. Jpn J Neuropsychol 1985; 1: 82–90 (in Japanese with an English abstract)., , .
- 30Burnout, depression, and quality of life among Japanese emergency physicians. Jpn J Gen Hosp Psychiatry 2000; 12: 135–143 (in Japanese with an English abstract)., , et al.
- 31The Burnout risk for male caregivers in providing care to spouses afflicted with Alzheimer's disease. J Health Hum Serv Adm 2002; 25: 115–132., .
- 32Coping with dementia: Family caregiver burnout and abuse. J Ment Health Aging 1997; 3: 357–364., , , , , .