The Effects of Exercise on Resting Blood Pressure in Children and Adolescents: A Meta-Analysis of Randomized Controlled Trials
Article first published online: 15 JUN 2007
Volume 6, Issue 1, pages 8–16, Winter 2003
How to Cite
Kelley, G. A., Kelley, K. S. and Tran, Z. V. (2003), The Effects of Exercise on Resting Blood Pressure in Children and Adolescents: A Meta-Analysis of Randomized Controlled Trials. Preventive Cardiology, 6: 8–16. doi: 10.1111/j.1520-037X.2003.01224.x
- Issue published online: 15 JUN 2007
- Article first published online: 15 JUN 2007
- Manuscript received September 18, 2001;accepted December 3, 2001
- 2Blood lipid and physiological responses to endurance training in adolescents. Pediatr Exerc Sci. 1995;7:192–202., , , et al.
- 3The Effects of Diet and Exercise on Selected Coronary Risk Factors in Children [dissertation]. Provo , UT : Brigham Young University Press; 1981.
- 6The effects of twice-a-week strength training program on children. Pediatr Exerc Sci. 1993;5:339–346., , , et al.
- 7Physiological, Psychological, and Behavioral Effects of Aerobic Exercise and Cognitive Experiential Therapy on Juvenile Delinquent Males [dissertation]. Columbus , OH : Ohio State University; 1987.
- 8The Chronic Effects of a Weight Training Program on Blood Pressure in Adolescent Males [master's thesis]. Philadelphia , PA : Temple University; 1987.
- 11Regular Aerobic Exercise and Blood Pressure in Elementary School Children: A Randomized Clinical Trial [dissertation]. Chapel Hill , NC : University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill; 1988.
- 16Meta-Analysis, Decision Analysis, and Cost-Effectiveness Analysis: Methods for Quantitative Synthesis in Medicine (2nd ed). New York , NY : Oxford University Press; 2000.
- 18An Introduction to the Bootstrap. London , UK : Chapman and Hall; 1993.,
- 20Statistical Methods for Meta-Analysis. San Diego , CA : Academic Press; 1985.,
- 24Physical activity and blood pressure in adolescents. Pediatr Exerc Sci. 1994;8:361–380.,
- 25US Department of Health and Human Services. Physical Activity and Health: A Report of the Surgeon General. Atlanta , GA : US Department of Health and Human Services, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion; 1996.