A Controlled Pilot Study of Stress Management Training of Elderly Patients With Congestive Heart Failure
Version of Record online: 15 JUN 2007
Volume 5, Issue 4, pages 168–174, Fall 2002
How to Cite
Luskin, F., Reitz, M., Newell, K., Quinn, T. G. and Haskell, W. (2002), A Controlled Pilot Study of Stress Management Training of Elderly Patients With Congestive Heart Failure. Preventive Cardiology, 5: 168–174. doi: 10.1111/j.1520.037X.2002.01029.x
- Issue online: 15 JUN 2007
- Version of Record online: 15 JUN 2007
- Manuscript received July 10, 2001; accepted September 4, 2001
- 1American Heart Association. 1999 Heart and Stroke Statistical Update. Dallas, Texas: American Heart Association;1998.
- 4Depression in elderly patients with congestive heart failure. J Geriatr Psychiatry. 1991;24(1):59–71., , , et al.
- 5Functional status, mood disturbance, and quality of life in patients with heart failure. Prog Cardiovasc Nurs. 1994;9(1):22–32., .
- 8Heart Failure Society of America. HFSA Guidelines for the management of patients with heart failure due to left ventricular systolic dysfunction-pharmacologic approaches: recommendations for pharmacologic therapy. Congest Heart Fail. 2000;6(1):16–23.
- 13Stress management training of elderly patients with congestive heart failure: pilot study. Prev Cardiol. 1999;2:101–104., , .
- 14Freeze-frame: A Scientifically Proven Technique for Clear Decision Making and Improved Health. Boulder Creek, CA: Planetary Publications; 1998..
- 15Cardiac coherence: a new, noninvasive measure of autonomic nervous system order. Altern Ther Health Med. 1996;2(1):52–65., , .
- 18The relaxation response: use with cardiac patients. In: AllanR, ScheidtS, (eds). Heart and Mind: The Practice of Cardiac Psychology. Washington, DC: American Psychological Association; 1996;363–385., , , et al.
- 22Manual for the State Trait Anxiety Inventory (Form Y). Palo Alto, CA: Consulting Psychologists Press; 1983., , , et al.
- 23Measuring Functioning and Well-Being. Durham, NC: Duke University Press; 1992., .