Associations between Post-Traumatic Stress Symptoms, Stimulant Use, and Treatment Outcomes: A Secondary Analysis of NIDA's Women and Trauma Study
Article first published online: 26 JUN 2013
© American Academy of Addiction Psychiatry
The American Journal on Addictions
Volume 23, Issue 1, pages 90–95, January-February 2014
How to Cite
Ruglass, L. M., Hien, D. A., Hu, M.-C. and Campbell, A. N.C. (2014), Associations between Post-Traumatic Stress Symptoms, Stimulant Use, and Treatment Outcomes: A Secondary Analysis of NIDA's Women and Trauma Study. The American Journal on Addictions, 23: 90–95. doi: 10.1111/j.1521-0391.2013.12068.x
- Issue published online: 9 DEC 2013
- Article first published online: 26 JUN 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 19 FEB 2013
- Manuscript Revised: 10 NOV 2012
- Manuscript Received: 10 MAR 2012
- 3Substance abuse and posttraumatic stress disorder. Curr Dir Psychol Sci. 2004; 13:206–209., ,Direct Link:
- 4Trauma, posttraumatic stress disorder, and substance use disorders: Findings from the Australian National Survey of Mental Health and Wellbeing. Am J of Psychiatry. 2006; 168:651–658., , , et al.
- 6Ouimette P, Brown PJ, eds. Trauma and Substance Abuse: Causes, Consequences, and Treatment of Comorbid Disorders. Washington, DC: American Psychological Association; 2003.
- 16Seeking Safety: A Treatment Manual for PTSD and Substance Abuse. New York, NY: Guilford Press; 2002.
- 17Women's Health Education. Unpublished manual; 1998., ,
- 21The Addiction Severity Index-“Lite” (ASI-“Lite”). University of Pennsylvania/Philadelphia VA Medical Center: Center for the Studies of Addiction; 1997., ,
- 23Analysis of Longitudinal Data. Oxford, England: Oxford University Press; 1994., ,
- 25Traumatic Stress: The Effects of Overwhelming Experience on Mind, Body and Society. New York: The Guildford Press., ,
- 27Anxiety disorders with comorbid substance use disorders: Diagnostic and treatment considerations. Psychiatr Ann. 2008; 38:724–729.,