Dr. Dom L Serventy died on August 8, 1988. He was one of Australia's foremost ornithologists. During his long and distinguished career he published extensively on the ecology and behavior of Australian birds. He was perhaps best known for his long term studies of the Short-tailed Shearwater, Puffinus tenuirostris. This paper is the last to which he contributed It is fitting that he lived to see the verification of his pronouncement of 50 years earlier (Serventy 1938) that censuses of birds in specific localities would prove invaluable for the conservation and management of avian communities.
Long term Changes in the Relative Abundances of Birds in Kings Park, Perth, Western Australia
Version of Record online: 14 JUL 2005
Volume 5, Issue 1, pages 90–102, March 1991
How to Cite
RECHER, H. F. and SERVENTY, D. L. (1991), Long term Changes in the Relative Abundances of Birds in Kings Park, Perth, Western Australia. Conservation Biology, 5: 90–102. doi: 10.1111/j.1523-1739.1991.tb00391.x
- Issue online: 14 JUL 2005
- Version of Record online: 14 JUL 2005
- Paper submitted July 21, 1988; revised manuscript accepted August 13, 1990
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!