Sensitivity Analyses of Spatial Population Viability Analysis Models for Species at Risk and Habitat Conservation Planning
Version of Record online: 16 SEP 2008
©2008 Society for Conservation Biology
Volume 23, Issue 1, pages 225–229, February 2009
How to Cite
NAUJOKAITIS-LEWIS, I. R., CURTIS, J. M. R., ARCESE, P. and ROSENFELD, J. (2009), Sensitivity Analyses of Spatial Population Viability Analysis Models for Species at Risk and Habitat Conservation Planning. Conservation Biology, 23: 225–229. doi: 10.1111/j.1523-1739.2008.01066.x
- Issue online: 14 JAN 2009
- Version of Record online: 16 SEP 2008
- Paper submitted December 20, 2007; revised manuscript accepted June 5, 2008.
- 1998. RAMAS metapop: viability analysis for stage-structured metapopulations. Version 3.0. Applied Biomathematics, Setauket , New York .
- 2002. RAMAS/GIS: linking spatial data with population viability analysis. Version 4.0. Applied Biomathematics, Setauket , New York .
- 2000. Population viability analyses in conservation planning: an overview. Ecological Bulletins 48:9–21. , and .
- 2003. RAMAS Landscape: integrating metapopulation viability with LANDIS forest dynamics model. User manual for version 1.0. Applied Biomathematics, Setauket , New York . , , and .
- Akçakaya, H. R., M. A.Burgman, O.Kindvall, C. C.Wood, P.Sjögren-Gulve, J. S.Hatfield, and M. A.McCarthy, editors. 2004. Species conservation and management: case studies. Oxford University Press, Oxford , United Kingdom .
- 2006. Modeling approaches in avian conservation and the role of field biologists. Ornithological Monographs 59:viii-56. , , , , ., , , and .
- 1993. Risk assessment in conservation biology. Chapman & Hall, New York . , , and
- 2007. The role of sensitivity analysis in ecological modelling. Ecological Modelling 203:167–182. , , , and .
- 1995. Parameter estimation, reliability, and model improvement for spatially explicit models of animal populations. Ecological Applications 5:17–19. , , , , and .
- 2001. Using logistic regression to analyze the sensitivity of PVA models: a comparison of methods based on African wild dog models. Conservation Biology 15:1335–1346. , and .
- 1973. Study of the sensitivity of coupled reaction systems to uncertainties in rate coefficients. Journal of Chemical Physics 59:3873–3878. , , , , and .
- 2008. Sensitivity of population viability to spatial and nonspatial parameters using GRIP. Ecological Applications 18:1002–1013. , and .
- 2000. Elasticities: a review of methods and model limitations. Ecology 81:607–618. ., , and .
- 1998. Uncertainty in population dynamics and its consequences for the management of the orange-bellied parrot Neophema chrysogaster. Biological Conservation 84:269–281. , , and .
- 2005. Assessing uncertainty in ecological systems using global sensitivity analyses: a case example of simulated wolf reintroduction effects on elk. Ecological Modelling 187:259–280. , and .
- 2006. Modelling populations of long-lived birds of prey for conservation: a study of imperial eagles (Aquila heliaca) in Kazakhstan. Biological Conservation 132:322–335. , , and .
- 1993. VORTEX: a computer simulation model for population viability analysis. Wildlife Research 20:45–65.
- 1995. Sensitivity analysis for models of population viability. Biological Conservation 73:93–100. , , and .
- 2002. Sensitivity analysis to evaluate the consequences of conservation actions. Pages 338–366 in S. R.Beissinger and D. R.McCullough, editors. Population viability analysis. University of Chicago Press, Chicago, Illinois . , and .
- 1999. Reliability of conservation actions based on elasticity analysis of matrix models. Conservation Biology 13:815–829. , , and .
- 1995. ALEX: a model for the viability analysis of spatially structured populations. Biological Conservation 73:143–150. , and .
- 2002. Emerging issues in population viability analysis. Conservation Biology 16:7–19. , , ., , , , , , and .
- 2002. A taxonomy and treatment of uncertainty for ecology and conservation biology. Ecological Applications 12:618–628. , , and .
- 1999. A quantitative model-independent method for global sensitivity analysis of model output. Technometrics 41:39–56. , , and .
- 2006. Sensitivity analysis practices: strategies for model-based inference. Reliability Engineering & System Safety 91:1109–1125. , , , and .
- 1998. A users guide to the PATCH model. EPA/600/R-98/135. U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, Environmental Research Laboratory, Corvallis , Oregon .
- 2004. Projecting wildlife responses to alternative future landscapes in Oregon's Willamette Basin. Ecological Applications 14:381–400. , , , , and .
- 1993. Sensitivity estimates for nonlinear mathematical models. Mathematical Modelling & Computational Experiment 1:407–414.
- 2000. Life-stage simulation analysis: estimating vital-rate effects on population growth for conservation. Ecology 81:628–641. , , and .