Zoos Dream of Becoming Conservation NGOs
Version of Record online: 14 SEP 2009
©2009 Society for Conservation Biology
Volume 23, Issue 5, pages 1338–1340, October 2009
How to Cite
Swaisgood, R. R. (2009), Zoos Dream of Becoming Conservation NGOs. Conservation Biology, 23: 1338–1340. doi: 10.1111/j.1523-1739.2009.01321.x
- Issue online: 14 SEP 2009
- Version of Record online: 14 SEP 2009
- Kleiman, D. G., K. V.Thompson, and C. K.Baer, editors. 2009. Wild mammals in captivity. 2nd edition. University of Chicago Press, Chicago , Illinois (in press).
- 2005. Last child in the woods: saving our children from nature-deficit disorder. Algonquin Books of Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill , North Carolina .
- Olney, P. J. S., G. M.Mace, and A. T. C.Feistner, editors. 1994. Creative conservation: interactive management of wild and captive animals. Chapman and Hall, London .
- 2009. The conservation-welfare nexus in reintroduction programs: a role for sensory ecology. Animal Welfare in press.