Save the Whales? Save the Rainforest? Save the Data!
Article first published online: 15 JUL 2010
©2010 Society for Conservation Biology
Volume 24, Issue 4, pages 915–917, August 2010
How to Cite
Pullin, A. S. and Salafsky, N. (2010), Save the Whales? Save the Rainforest? Save the Data!. Conservation Biology, 24: 915–917. doi: 10.1111/j.1523-1739.2010.01537.x
- Issue published online: 15 JUL 2010
- Article first published online: 15 JUL 2010
- 1993. The Cochrane collaboration: preparing, maintaining, and disseminating systematic reviews of the effects of health care. Annals of the New York Academy of Sciences 703:156–165.
- 2005. Why most published research findings are false. Public Library of Science Medicine 2 DOI: 10.1371/journal.pmed.0021001246.
- 2004. Insecticide-treated bed nets and curtains for preventing malaria. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews DOI: 10.1002/14651858.CD000363.pub2.
- 2001. Effectiveness in conservation practice: pointers from medicine and public health. Conservation Biology 15:50–54. , and .
- 2009. Doing more good than harm—building an evidence-base for conservation and environmental management. Biological Conservation 142:931–934. , and .
- 2002. Improving the practice of conservation: a conceptual framework and research agenda for conservation science. Conservation Biology 16:1469–1479. , , , and .
- 2008. A standard lexicon for biodiversity conservation: unified classifications of threats and actions. Conservation Biology 22:897–911. , et al.
- 1997. The effectiveness revolution and public health. Pages 197–225 in G.Scally, editor. Progress in public health. Royal Society of Medicine Press, London . , and .
- 2009. Effectiveness of engineered in-stream structure mitigation measures for increasing salmonid abundance: a systematic review. Ecological Applications 19:931–941. , , , , and .
- 2004. The need for evidence-based conservation. Trends in Ecology & Evolution 19:305–308. , , , and .