A Call to Action for Conserving Biological Diversity in the Face of Climate Change
Article first published online: 22 SEP 2010
©2010 Society for Conservation Biology
Volume 24, Issue 5, pages 1169–1171, October 2010
How to Cite
Hunter Jr., M., Dinerstein, E., Hoekstra, J. and Lindenmayer, D. (2010), A Call to Action for Conserving Biological Diversity in the Face of Climate Change. Conservation Biology, 24: 1169–1171. doi: 10.1111/j.1523-1739.2010.01569.x
- Issue published online: 22 SEP 2010
- Article first published online: 22 SEP 2010
- 2010. Conserving the stage: Climate change and the geophysical underpinnings of species diversity. Public Library of Science ONE 5 DOI:10.1371/journal.pone.0011554. , and .
- 2010. Use of land facets to plan for climate change: Conserving the arenas, not the actors. Conservation Biology 24:701–710. , and .
- 2008. Ocean iron fertilization—moving forward in a sea of uncertainty. Science 319:162–162. , et al.
- 2007. Contributions to accelerating atmospheric CO2 growth from economic activity, carbon intensity, and efficiency of natural sinks. Proceedings of the National Academy of Science 104:18866–18870. , , , , , , , , , and .
- 2009. Avian sensitivity to mortality: prioritising migratory bird species for assessment at proposed wind farms. Journal of Environmental Management 90:2672–2679.
- 2009. Climate change, conservation and management: an assessment of the peer-reviewed scientific journal literature. Biodiversity and Conservation 18:2243–2253. , et al.
- 2007. Protected area needs in a changing climate. Frontiers in Ecology and Environment 5:131–138. , , , , , , , and .
- 2009. Biodiversity management in the face of climate change: a review of 22 years of recommendations. Biological Conservation 142:14–32. , and .
- 1988. Paleoecology and the coarse-filter approach to maintaining biological diversity. Conservation Biology 2:375–385. ., , and
- 2008. Biofuels, biodiversity, and people: understanding the conflicts and finding opportunities. Biological Conservation 141:2450–2460. , and .
- 2009. Climate change adaptation strategies for resource management and conservation planning. Year in Ecology and Conservation Biology 2009. Annals of the New York Academy of Sciences 1162:79–98.
- 2009. Scattered trees: a complementary strategy for facilitating adaptive responses to climate change in modified landscapes? Journal of Applied Ecology 46:915–919. , , and .
- 2009. A review of climate-change adaptation strategies for wildlife management and biodiversity conservation. Conservation Biology 23:1080–1089. , , and .
- 2009. Living with dams: managing the environmental impacts. Water Policy 11:121–139.
- 2009. Energy sprawl or energy efficiency: climate policy impacts on natural habitat for the United States of America. Public Library of Science ONE 4 DOI: 10.1371/journal.pone.0006802. , , , , and .
- 2009. Managing for climate change within protected area landscapes. Natural Areas Journal 29:394–399. , , , , and .
- 2006. Ecological networks: a spatial concept for multi-actor planning of sustainable landscapes. Landscape and Urban Planning 75:322–332. , , and .
- 2008. Sustainable biofuels redux. Science 322:49–50. , et al.
- 2006. Onset of spring starting earlier across the Northern Hemisphere. Global Change Biology 12:343–351.
- 2009. CO2 emissions from forest loss. Nature Geoscience 2:737–738. , , , , , , , and .
- 2008. Native wildlife on rangelands to minimize methane and produce lower-emission meat: kangaroos versus livestock. Conservation Letters 1:119–128. , and .