The Role of Natural History Institutions and Bioinformatics in Conservation Biology
Version of Record online: 9 NOV 2011
©2011 Society for Conservation Biology
Volume 25, Issue 6, pages 1250–1252, December 2011
How to Cite
DREW, J. (2011), The Role of Natural History Institutions and Bioinformatics in Conservation Biology. Conservation Biology, 25: 1250–1252. doi: 10.1111/j.1523-1739.2011.01725.x
- Issue online: 9 NOV 2011
- Version of Record online: 9 NOV 2011
- Paper submitted December 28, 2010; revised manuscript accepted April 29, 2011.
- 2007. Taxonomy in a changing world: seeking solutions for a science in crisis. Systematic Biology 56:531–539. , and .
- 2010. Leveraging the fullest potential of scientific collections through digitisation. Biodiversity Informatics 7:130–136.
- 2010. Genetypes: a concept to help integrate molecular systematics and traditional taxonomy. Zootaxa 2632:67–68.
- 2010. The effect of visitor's agendas on museum learning. Curator: The Museum Journal 41:107–120. , , and .
- 2006. Mid-Pleistocene divergence of Cuban and North American ivory-billed woodpeckers. Biology Letters 2:466–469. , , , , , , and .
- 1912. An afternoon's field notes. The Condor 14:104–107.
- 2006. Analysis of museum specimens suggests extreme genetic drift in the adonis blue butterfly (Polyommatus bellargus). Biological Journal of the Linnean Society 88:447–452. , , and .
- 2011. Unforeseen importance of historical collections as baselines to determine biotic change of coral reefs: the Saba Bank case. Marine Ecology 32:135–141. , , , , , , and .
- 2010. DNA from a 100-year-old holotype confirms the validity of a potentially extinct hummingbird species. Biology Letters 6:112–115. , , , and .
- 2010. Golden Gate Park field guide. California Academy of Sciences, San Francisco .
- 1967. The theory of island biogeography. Princeton University Press, Princeton , New Jersey . , and .
- 2001. The birds of northern Melanesia: speciation ecology & biogeography. Oxford University Press, Oxford , United Kingdom . , and .
- National Research Council. 2009. Learning science in informal environments: people, places, and pursuits. National Academies Press, Washington , D.C.
- 2011. 110 Years of avipoxvirus in the Galapagos Islands. Public Library of Science ONE DOI: 10.1371/journal.pone.0015989. , , , , , , , and .
- 2010. Using museum collections to detect pathogens. Emerging Infectious Diseases 16:356–357. , , , , , , , and .
- 2010. Biological collections and ecological/environmental research: a review, some observations and a look to the future. Biological Reviews 85:247–266. , and .
- 2010. North American montane red foxes: expansion, fragmentation, and the origin of the Sacramento Valley red fox. Conservation Genetics 11:1523–1539. , , , , and .
- 2007. Biodiversity informatics: organizing and linking information across the spectrum of life. Briefings in Bioinformatics 8:347–357.
- 2008. PIAKey: Identification guide to ants of the Pacific Island. University of California, Davis .
- 2009. Capacity building in taxonomy and systematics. Taxon 58:697–699. , and .
- 2010. Merging ancient and modern DNA: extinct seabird taxon rediscovered in the North Tasman Sea. Biology Letters 6:94–97. , , , , , , , and .
- 1995. Status of biotic inventories in US national parks. Biological Conservation 71:97–106. , , , and .
- 2007. Invertebrate systematics of spineless taxonomy? Zootaxa 1668:11–18.