Bolder Thinking for Conservation
Article first published online: 26 JAN 2012
©2011 Society for Conservation Biology
Volume 26, Issue 1, pages 1–4, February 2012
How to Cite
NOSS, R. F., DOBSON, A. P., BALDWIN, R., BEIER, P., DAVIS, C. R., DELLASALA, D. A., FRANCIS, J., LOCKE, H., NOWAK, K., LOPEZ, R., REINING, C., TROMBULAK, S. C. and TABOR, G. (2012), Bolder Thinking for Conservation. Conservation Biology, 26: 1–4. doi: 10.1111/j.1523-1739.2011.01738.x
- Issue published online: 26 JAN 2012
- Article first published online: 26 JAN 2012
- 1994. Effects of habitat fragmentation on birds and mammals in landscapes with different proportions of suitable habitat: a review. Oikos 71:355–366.
- 2004. The longest mile: how to sustain long distance migration in mammals. Conservation Biology 18:320–332.
- Brundtland Commission. 1987. Our common future: report of the World Commission on Environment and Development. Oxford University Press, Oxford , United Kingdom .
- 2005. Species loss and above-ground carbon storage in a tropical forest. Science 310:1029–1031. , , , , , , , and .
- Convention on Biological Diversity. 2010. Strategic plan for biodiversity 2011–2020 and the Aichi targets. Secretariat of the Convention on Biological Diversity, Montreal. Available from http://www.cbd.int/doc/strategic-plan/2011--2020/Aichi-Targets-EN.pdf (accessed April 2011).
- 1991. Pioneer ecologist: the life and work of Victor Ernest Shelford 1877–1968. Smithsonian Institution Press, Washington , D.C .
- 2009. Importance of matrix habitats in maintaining biological diversity. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences 106:349–350. , and .
- Happy Planet Index. 2010. The Happy Planet Index. Version 2.0. Happy Planet Index, London . Available from http://www.happyplanetindex.org/ (accessed April 2011).
- IUCN (International Union for Conservation of Nature). 2010. IUCN red list of threatened species. Version 2010.1. IUCN, Gland , Switzerland . Available from http://www.iucnredlist.org/ (accessed April 2011).
- 2007. Projected impacts of climate and land-use change on the global diversity of birds. PLoS Biology DOI:10.1371/journal.pbio0050157. , , and .
- Millennium Ecosystem Assessment. 2005. Current state and trends assessment. Millennium ecosystem assessment. Available from http://www.maweb.org/en/ (accessed April 2011).
- New South Wales Government. 2010. Great eastern ranges initiative. New South Wales Government, Sydney . Available from http://www.environment.nsw.gov.au/ger/index.htm (accessed April 2011).
- 1996. Protected areas: how much is enough? Pages 91–120 in R. G. Wright, editor. National parks and protected areas: their role in environmental protection. Blackwell, Cambridge , Massachusetts .
- 1994. Saving nature's legacy: protecting and restoring biodiversity. Island Press, Washington , D.C. , and .
- 2007. Climate change 2007: impacts, adaptation and vulnerability. Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, Working Group 2. Cambridge University Press, Cambridge , United Kingdom . , , , , and , editors.
- 2010. Ecosystem services for 2020. Science 330:323–324. , et al.
- 2010. Biodiversity conservation: challenges beyond 2010. Science 329:1298–1303. , et al.
- 1999. Continental conservation: scientific foundations of regional reserve networks. Island Press, Washington , D.C. , and , editors.
- 2005. Policy-driven vs. evidence-based conservation: a review of political targets and biological needs. Biological Sciences 55:989–995. , , , , , and .
- Yellowstone to Yukon Conservation Initiative. 2010. Yellowstone to Yukon: a blueprint for wildlife conservation. Yellowstone to Yukon Conservation Initiative, Canmore , Alberta . Available from http://www.y2y.net/data/1/rec_docs/675_A_Blueprint_for_Wildlife_Conservation_reduced.pdf (accessed April 2011).