Special Section Essay
Biodiversity Offsets and Infrastructure
Article first published online: 9 NOV 2011
©2011 Society for Conservation Biology
Volume 25, Issue 6, pages 1121–1123, December 2011
How to Cite
QUINTERO, J. D. and MATHUR, A. (2011), Biodiversity Offsets and Infrastructure. Conservation Biology, 25: 1121–1123. doi: 10.1111/j.1523-1739.2011.01769.x
- Issue published online: 9 NOV 2011
- Article first published online: 9 NOV 2011
- Business and Biodiversity Offsets Programme (BBOP). 2009. Biodiversity offset design handbook. BBOP, Washington , D.C.
- 2010. Biodiversity offsets: policy options for government. Business and Biodiversity Offsets Programme, Washington , D.C. , and .
- 2009. International approaches to compensation for impacts on biological diversity. Final report. Berlin University of Technology, Institute for Landscape Architecture and Environmental Planning, Berlin. , , , , , and .
- 2006. The ecology of transportation: managing mobility for the environment. Springer, Dordrecht , The Netherlands . , and , editors.
- 2005.Status of species conservation banking in the United States. Conservation Biology 19:996–1007. , and .
- 2007. An East Asian renaissance: ideas for economic growth. The World Bank, Washington , D.C. , , , , , , , , and .
- 2005. No net loss of fish habitat: a review and analysis of habitat compensation in Canada. Environmental Management 36:343–355. , and .
- 2003. Biodiversity conservation in road projects: lessons from World Bank experience in Latin America. Journal of the Transportation Research Board of the National Academies 1819:198–201. , and .
- 2010. State of biodiversity markets report: offset and compensation programs worldwide. Available from http://www.ecosystemmarketplace.com/documents/acrobat/sbdmr.pdf (accessed December 2010). , , and .
- 2008. Performance criteria, compliance success, and vegetation development in compensatory mitigation wetlands. Environmental Management 41:130–141. , and .
- 2010. Overexploitation. Page 110 in N. S. Sodhi and P. R. Ehrlich, editors. Conservation biology for all. Oxford University Press, Oxford , United Kingdom .
- PricewaterhouseCoopers. 2010. Biodiversity offsets and the mitigation hierarchy: a review of current application in the banking sector. PricewaterhouseCoopers Business and Biodiversity Offsets Programme and U.N. Environment Programme Finance Initiative, London.
- 2006. Best practices in mainstreaming environmental and social safeguards into gas pipeline projects: learning from the Bolovia-Brazil gas pipeline project (GASBOL). World Bank, Washington , D.C.
- 2007. Mainstreaming conservation in infrastructure projects: case studies from Latin America. World Bank, Washington , D.C.
- 2010. Smart green infrastructure in tiger range countries: a multi-level approach. World Bank and Global Tiger Initiative, Washington , D.C. , , , , and .
- 2001. Roads, sensitive habitats and wildlife: environmental guideline for India and South Asia. Wildlife Institute of India, Dehradun and Canadian Environmental Collaborative, Toronto . , , , and .
- 2003. Second nature: improving transportation without putting nature second. Surface Transportation Policy Project, Defenders of Wildlife, Washington , D.C. , and .
- 2007. Linking conservation and transportation: using the state wildlife action plans to protect wildlife from road impacts. Defenders of Wildlife, Washington , D.C. , , and .
- World Bank. 2007.The nexus between infrastructure and environment. Evaluation brief 5. Independent Evaluation Group, Washington , D.C.
- 2005. Financial mechanisms for conservation in Brazil. Conservation Biology 19:756–761.