Scientists’ Opinions on the Global Status and Management of Biological Diversity
Article first published online: 9 NOV 2011
©2011 Society for Conservation Biology
Volume 25, Issue 6, pages 1165–1175, December 2011
How to Cite
RUDD, M. A. (2011), Scientists’ Opinions on the Global Status and Management of Biological Diversity. Conservation Biology, 25: 1165–1175. doi: 10.1111/j.1523-1739.2011.01772.x
- Issue published online: 9 NOV 2011
- Article first published online: 9 NOV 2011
- Paper submitted April 25, 2011; revised manuscript accepted August 9, 2011.
- 2010. Expert credibility in climate change. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America 107:12107–12109. , , , and .
- 2009. Internet, mail, and mixed-mode surveys: the tailored design method, 3rd edition. Wiley, Hoboken , New Jersey . , , and .
- 2003. Comparing typological structures across cultures by multigroup latent class analysis: a primer. Journal of Cross-Cultural Psychology 34:195–210. , , and .
- 2007. Best-worst scaling: what it can do for health care research and how to do it. Journal of Health Economics 26:171–189. , , , and .
- 2010. Expert views on biodiversity conservation in an era of climate change. Global Environmental Change 20:192–207. , , , and .
- 2010. The Publish or Perish Book. Tarma Software Research, Melbourne , Australia .
- 2005. An index to quantify an individual's scientific research output. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America 102:16569–16572.
- 2011. The why, what, and how of global biodiversity indicators beyond the 2010 target. Conservation Biology 25: 450–457. , et al.
- 1998. Entering the century of the environment: a new social contract for science. Science 279:491–497.
- 2005. SI-CHAID 4.0 User's guide. Statistical Innovations, Belmont , Massachusetts .
- 2005. An extension of the CHAID tree-based segmentation algorithm to multiple dependent variables. Pages 176–183 in C. Weihs and W. Gaul, editors. Classification: the ubiquitous challenge. Springer, Heidelberg , Germany . , and .
- 2007. What to let go. Nature 450:152–155.
- Millennium Ecosystem Assessment. 2005. Ecosystems and human well-being: synthesis. Island Press, Washington , D.C .
- Morgan, M. G., H. Dowlatabadi, M. Henrion, D. Keith, R. Lempert, S. McBride, M. Small, and T. Wilbanks, editors. 2009. Best practice approaches for characterizing, communicating, and incorporating scientific uncertainty in climate decision making. National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, Washington , D.C .
- 1998. The Global 200: a representation approach to conserving the Earth's most biologically valuable ecoregions. Conservation Biology 12:502–515. , and .
- 2010. Scenarios for global biodiversity in the 21st century. Science 330:1496–1501. , et al.
- 2011. The biodiversity and ecosystem services science-policy interface. Science 331:1139–1140. , , , and .
- 2010. Climate change: a profile of US climate scientists’ perspectives. Climatic Change 101:311–329. , , , and .
- 2011. How research-prioritization exercises affect conservation policy. Conservation Biology 25:860–866.
- 2011. Value plurality among conservation professionals. Conservation Biology 25:285–294. , , , and .
- Sawtooth Software. 2007. The MaxDiff/Web 6.0 technical paper. Sawtooth Software, Sequim , Washington .
- SCBD (Secretariat of the Convention on Biological Diversity). 2010. Global biodiversity outlook 3. SCBD, Montréal .
- TEEB (The Economics of Ecosystems and Biodiversity). 2010. Mainstreaming the economics of nature: a synthesis of the approach, conclusions and recommendations of TEEB. TEEB, United Nations Environment Programme, Bonn .
- 2002. Latent class cluster analysis. Pages 89–106 in J. A. Hagenaars and A. L. McCutcheon, editors. Applied latent class analysis. Cambridge University Press, Cambridge , United Kingdom . , and .
- 2005. Technical guide for Latent GOLD 4.0: basic and advanced. Statistical Innovations, Belmont , Massachusetts . , and .