Special Section Essay
Cultivating a Constituency for Conservation
Article first published online: 9 NOV 2011
©2011 Society for Conservation Biology
Volume 25, Issue 6, pages 1103–1107, December 2011
How to Cite
PRITCHARD, L. (2011), Cultivating a Constituency for Conservation. Conservation Biology, 25: 1103–1107. doi: 10.1111/j.1523-1739.2011.01780.x
- Issue published online: 9 NOV 2011
- Article first published online: 9 NOV 2011
- 2003. The privatization of foreign aid: reassessing national largesse. Foreign Affairs 82:9–14.
- Barna Group. 2008. Despite benefits, few Americans have experienced short-term mission trips. Barna Group, Ventura , California . Available from http://www.barna.org/donorscause-articles/22-despite-benefits-few-americans-have-experienced-short-term-mission-trips (accessed June 2011).
- 2010. Move over, global warming: biodiversity is the next central organizing principle of human civilization. Washington Times 4 June. Available from http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2010/jun/4/move-over-global-warming/?page=1 (accessed June 2011).
- 2001. Population matters: demographic change, economic growth, and poverty in the developing world. Oxford University Press, New York . , , and .
- 1561. The Belgic confession. Available from http://www.reformed.org/documents/index.html?mainframe=http://www.reformed.org/documents/BelgicConfession.html (accessed June 2011). .
- 2006. The language of God: a scientist presents evidence for belief. Free Press, New York .
- Dallas Theological Seminary. 2008. The call to care. Kindred Spirits 32(3). Available from http://www.dts.edu/publications/read/the-call-to-care-dallas-theological-seminary/ (accessed May 2011).
- 2008. Kingfisher's fire: a story of hope for God's earth. Monarch Books, Oxford , United Kingdom.
- 2005. Study questions whether short-term missions make a difference. Christianity Today June. Available from http://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2005/juneweb-only/12.0c.html (accessed June 2011).
- 2011. Belly-button Christianity: tribal Christians speak to today's church: an interaction with “Dark Green Religion. Sacred Tribes Journal 6:47–65.
- 2002. The next Christianity. Atlantic Magazine October. Available from http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2002/10/the-next-christianity/2591/ (accessed June 2011).
- 2011. The next Christendom: the coming of global Christianity. 3rd edition. Oxford University Press, Oxford , United Kingdom.
- 2003. Growth, conservation, and the necessity of new alliances. Conservation Biology 17:1229–1237.
- 2001. Nothing for free: how private judicial seminars are undermining environmental protections and breaking the public's trust. Harvard Environmental Law Review 25:405–480. , and .
- 2007. Taking a deeper look: what a curious mind and birdfeeder can teach you. Creation Care 33:18–19.
- 2002. Following God abroad. New York Times 21 May. Available from http://www.nytimes.com/2002/05/21/opinion/following-god-abroad.html?pagewanted=all&src=pm (accessed May 2011).
- 2007. Faith in the halls of power: how evangelicals joined the American elite. Oxford University Press, Oxford , United Kingdom.
- 2006. Last child in the woods: saving our children from nature-deficit disorder. Algonquin Books, Chapel Hill , North Carolina .
- 2005. Armageddon versus extinction. Conservation Biology 19:290–292.
- 2008. Evidence for a fundamental and pervasive shift away from nature-based recreation. Proceedings of the National Academy of Science 105:2295–2300. , and .
- 1994. Desired fertility and the impact of population policies. Population and Development Review 20:1–55.
- 2008. Passing the plate: Why American Christians don't give away more money. Oxford University Press, Oxford , United Kingdom .
- Third Lausanne Congress on World Evangelization. 2010. The Cape Town Commitment: a confession of faith and a call to action. Available from http://www.lausanne.org/docs/CapeTownCommitment.pdf (accessed June 2011).
- 2007. I am a conservationist, not an environmentalist. Newsweek 8 February. Available from http://newsweek.washingtonpost.com/onfaith/panelists/cal_thomas/2007/02/_there_is_a_certain.html (accessed June 2011).
- 2010. Keeping God's earth: the global environment in biblical perspective. IVP Academic, Downers Grove , Illinois . , and , editors.
- 2005. Between heaven and earth–evangelical engagement in conservation. Conservation Biology 19:1693–1696. .
- 2010. Diversity and dominion: dialogues in ecology, ethics, and theology. Cascade Books, Eugene , Oregon . , and , editors.
- 2011. Resisting the green dragon; dominion, not death. The Cornwall Alliance, Burke , Virginia .
- 2012. Between God & green. Oxford University Press, Oxford , United Kingdom (in press).
- 2008. Surprised by hope: rethinking heaven, the resurrection, and the mission of the church. HarperOne, New York .
- 2010. On what it means to be an image bearer. The BioLogos Forum, San Diego , California . Available from http://biologos.org/blog/on-what-it-means-to-be-an-image-bearer/ (accessed May 2011).
- World Bank. 2011. World development indicators 2011. World Bank, Washington , D.C.
- 2009. The impact of nature experience on willingness to support conservation. Public Library of Science ONE 4 DOI: 10.1371/journal.pone.0007367. , , and .