Special Section Essay
The Future of Payments for Environmental Services
Article first published online: 9 NOV 2011
©2011 Society for Conservation Biology
Volume 25, Issue 6, pages 1134–1138, December 2011
How to Cite
FERRARO, P. J. (2011), The Future of Payments for Environmental Services. Conservation Biology, 25: 1134–1138. doi: 10.1111/j.1523-1739.2011.01791.x
- Issue published online: 9 NOV 2011
- Article first published online: 9 NOV 2011
- 2010. The environmental effectiveness of payments for environmental services in Mexico: results from a pilot analysis. Working paper. University of Wisconsin , Madison . , , and .
- 2012. Do payments for environmental services affect forest cover? A farm-level evaluation from Costa Rica. Land Economics 88:in press. , , , , and .
- 1993. Conservation in action: past, present, and future of the national park system in Costa Rica. Conservation Biology 7:239–247.
- 2001. Global habitat protection: limitations of development interventions and a role for conservation performance payments. Conservation Biology 15:990–1000.
- 2008. Asymmetric information and contract design for payments for environmental services. Ecological Economics 65:811–822.
- 2009. Counterfactual thinking and impact evaluation in environmental policy. New Directions for Evaluation 122:75–84 (special issue on Environmental program and policy evaluation).
- 2002. The cost-effectiveness of conservation payments. Land Economics 78:339–353. , and .
- 2012. Forest figures: a review of ecosystem services valuation and policy evaluation in developing countries. Review of Environmental Economics and Policy 6:in press. , , , and .
- 2005. Evaluation of the World Bank—GEF Ecomarkets Project in Costa Rica. World Bank, Washington , D.C. , , and .
- 1995. The challenge and opportunity of recovering wolf populations. Conservation Biology 9:270–278.
- 2006. ‘A mission-driven discipline’: the growth of conservation biology. Conservation Biology 20:631–651 , , and .
- 2006. Integrating economic costs into conservation planning. Trends in Ecology & Evolution 21:681–687. , , , , , and .
- 2010. Show me the money: Do payments supply ecosystem services in developing countries? Review of Environmental Economics and Policy 4:254–274. , , and .
- 2005. Evaluating the impact of conditional cash transfer programs. World Bank Research Observer 20:29–55. , and .
- 1996. Paying for the conservation of endangered ecosystems: a comparison of direct and indirect approaches. Environment and Development Economics 1:241–257. , and .