This paper was presented at the “Women Deliver: A Global Conference” in London, England, on October 18, 2007.
Using Emergency Obstetric Drills in Maternity Units as a Performance Improvement Tool
Version of Record online: 3 MAR 2009
© 2009, Copyright the Authors Journal compilation © 2009, Wiley Periodicals, Inc
Volume 36, Issue 1, pages 43–50, March 2009
How to Cite
Osman, H., Campbell, O. M. R. and Nassar, A. H. (2009), Using Emergency Obstetric Drills in Maternity Units as a Performance Improvement Tool. Birth, 36: 43–50. doi: 10.1111/j.1523-536X.2008.00294.x
This study was funded by the Centre for Research on Population and Health at the American University of Beirut, Lebanon, with generous support from the Wellcome Trust, London, England.
- Issue online: 3 MAR 2009
- Version of Record online: 3 MAR 2009
- Accepted August 14, 2008
- 11The development of an eclampsia box and ‘fire drill’. Br J Midwifery 2000;9:492–496., , .
- 15American Academy of Family Physicians. Advanced Life Support in Obstetrics (ALSO). Leawood, Kansas: Author, 2000.
- 16American Academy of Pediatrics and American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists. Diagnosis and management of preeclampsia and eclampsia. ACOG Practice Bulletin No. 33, 2002. Available at: http://www.acog.org/publications/guidelinesForPerinatalCare/.
- 17American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists. Guidelines for Perinatal Care. 6th ed. Washington, DC: Author, 2007.