What is Normal Childbirth and Do We Need More Statements About It?
Article first published online: 3 MAR 2009
© 2009, Copyright the Author Journal compilation © 2009, Wiley Periodicals, Inc
Volume 36, Issue 1, pages 1–3, March 2009
How to Cite
Young, D. (2009), What is Normal Childbirth and Do We Need More Statements About It?. Birth, 36: 1–3. doi: 10.1111/j.1523-536X.2008.00306.x
- Issue published online: 3 MAR 2009
- Article first published online: 3 MAR 2009
- 1The Society of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists of Canada et al. Joint Policy Statement on Normal Childbirth. J Obstet Gynaecol Can 2008;221:1163–1165.
- 2Natural Childbirth. London: Heinemann, 1933..
- 3World Health Organization, Maternal and Newborn Health/Safe Motherhood, Division of Reproductive Health. Care in Normal Birth: A Practical Guide. WHO/FRH/MSM/96.24. Report of a technical working group. Geneva: WHO, 1997. Accessed January 6, 2009. Available at: http://www.who.int/reproductive-health/publications.
- 4The Royal College of Midwives, The Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists, The National Childbirth Trust. Making Normal Birth a Reality. Consensus statement from the Maternity Care Working Party. November, 2007. Accessed January 6, 2009. Available at: http://www.rcog.org.uk.
- 5Birth in Four Cultures. 4th ed. Prospect Heights, Illinois: Waveland Press, 1993..