COMMENTARY ON: Wax JR, Lucas FL, Lamont M, Pinette MG, Cartin A, Blackstone J. Maternal and newborn outcomes in planned home birth vs planned hospital births: A meta-analysis. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2010;203:243.e1–243.e8.de Jonge A, van der Goes BY, Ravelli ACJ, Amelink-Verburg MP, Mol BW, Nijhuis JG, Bennebroek Gravenhorst J, Buitendijk SE. Perinatal mortality and morbidity in a nationwide cohort of 529,688 low-risk planned home and hospital births. BJOG 2009;116:1177–1184.
Home Birth: Gone Away, Gone Astray, and Here To Stay
Article first published online: 17 NOV 2010
© 2010, Copyright the Author. Journal compilation © 2010, Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
Volume 37, Issue 4, pages 341–346, December 2010
How to Cite
Keirse, M. J.N.C. (2010), Home Birth: Gone Away, Gone Astray, and Here To Stay. Birth, 37: 341–346. doi: 10.1111/j.1523-536X.2010.00431.x
- Issue published online: 17 NOV 2010
- Article first published online: 17 NOV 2010
This article has been cited by:
- 1The commonalities and differences in health professionals’ views on home birth in Tasmania, Australia: A qualitative study, Women and Birth, 2013, 26, 1, 55, , , , ,
- 2Trends in the medicalisation of childbirth in Flanders and the Netherlands, Midwifery, 2013, 29, 1, e1, , ,
- 4Safety of non-medically led primary maternity care models: a critical review of the international literature, Australian Health Review, 2012, 36, 2, 140,
- 5The methodological challenges of attempting to compare the safety of home and hospital birth in terms of the risk of perinatal death, Midwifery, 2012, 28, 5, 619, , ,
- 6The struggle for contested boundaries in the move to collaborative care teams in Australian maternity care, Midwifery, 2012, 28, 3, 298, , ,
- 7Trends and Characteristics of Home Vaginal Birth After Cesarean Delivery in the United States and Selected States, Obstetrics & Gynecology, 2012, 119, 4, 737, , , ,