The responsibility for the content of this article rests with the authors and does not necessarily represent the views of the Institute of Medicine or its committees.
A Qualitative Study of Postpartum Mothers’ Intention to Smoke
Article first published online: 9 JAN 2012
© 2012, Copyright the Authors. Journal compilation © 2012, Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
Volume 39, Issue 1, pages 65–69, March 2012
How to Cite
Von Kohorn, I., Nguyen, S. N., Schulman-Green, D. and Colson, E. R. (2012), A Qualitative Study of Postpartum Mothers’ Intention to Smoke. Birth, 39: 65–69. doi: 10.1111/j.1523-536X.2011.00514.x
This study was funded by the National Institute of Child Health and Human Development (training grant T32HD07094), Rockville, Maryland; and the American Academy of Pediatrics/Flight Attendants’ Medical Research Institute, Fellowship Award, Elk Grove Village, Illinois, United States of America.
- Issue published online: 28 FEB 2012
- Article first published online: 9 JAN 2012
- Accepted September 14, 2011
- 1Women and Smoking: A Report of the Surgeon General. U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. Washington, DC: Public Health Service, Office of the Assistant Secretary for Health, Office on Smoking and Health, 2001.
- 2Office of Applied Studies. Results from the 2002 National Survey on Drug Use and Health: National Findings. US Department of Health and Human Services. Washington, DC: Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, 2005.
- 5Summary health statistics for the U.S. population: National Health Interview Survey, 2008. Vital Health Stat 2009;10(243):1–104., , .
- 9Environment of infants during sleep and risk of the sudden infant death syndrome: Results of 1993–5 case-control study for confidential inquiry into stillbirths and deaths in infancy. Confidential Enquiry into Stillbirths and Deaths Regional Coordinators and Researchers. BMJ 1996;313(7051):191–195., , , et al.
- 20The Discovery of Grounded Theory: Strategies for Qualitative Research. Chicago, IL: Aldine Publishing Company, 1967., .
- 24The theory of reasoned action and the theory of planned behavior. In: Glanz K, Rimer BK, Lewis FM, eds. Health Behavior and Health Education: Theory, Research, and Practice, 3rd ed. San Francisco, CA: John Wiley & Sons, 2002:67–98., .
- 28Scientific Software Development. Atlas.ti Version 6. Berlin: Scientific Software Development, 20032010.
- 29SAS, Inc.. SAS 9.1. Cary, NC: Author, 20002004.
- 40The Tobacco Timeline. Tobacco BBS, 1995–2011. Accessed September 12, 2011. Available at: http://www.tobacco.org/resources/history/Tobacco_History20-2.html..