A Comprehensive Strategy for the Interpretation of Quality-of-Life Data Based on Existing Methods
Article first published online: 15 JAN 2004
Value in Health
Volume 7, Issue 1, pages 93–104, January 2004
How to Cite
Marquis, P., Chassany, O. and Abetz, L. (2004), A Comprehensive Strategy for the Interpretation of Quality-of-Life Data Based on Existing Methods. Value in Health, 7: 93–104. doi: 10.1111/j.1524-4733.2004.71217.x
- Issue published online: 15 JAN 2004
- Article first published online: 15 JAN 2004
- 3Patient-reported outcomes. the example of health-related quality of life—a European guidance document for the improved integration of health-related quality of life assessment in the drug regulatory process. Drug Inf J 2002;36: 1–10., , , et al.
- 5Health Measurement Scales. A Practical Guide to Their Development and Use. New York: Oxford University Press, 1989., .
- 6MOS Instrument Review Criteria. Med Outcomes Trust Bull, September, 1995;3: I–IV.
- 9The On-Line Guide to Quality-of-Life Assessment (OLGA): resource for selecting quality of life assessments. In: WalkerS, RosserRM, eds., Quality of Life Assessment: Key Issues in the 1990s. Dordrecht: Kluwer Acedemic, 1993., .
- 15Missing data. In: FayersPM, ed., Quality of Life: Assessment, Analysis, and Interpretation. West Sussex: Wiley, 2000. p. 224–46., .
- 18Interpreting general health measures. In: SpilkerB, ed. Quality of Life and Pharmacoeconomics in Clinical Trials. 2nd ed. Philadelphia: Lippincott-Raven, 1996..
- 20Language and translation issues. In: SpilkerB, ed., Quality of Life and Pharmaco-Economics in Clinical Trials. 2nd ed. Philadelphia: Lippincott-Raven, 1995., , , .
- 23Cultural and linguistic validation of questionnaires for use in international studies: the nine-item BPH-specific quality of life scale. Eur Urol 1997;32(Suppl 2):S50–2..
- 27SF-36 Health Survey: manual and interpretation guide. Boston: New England Medical Center, The Health Institute, 1993., , , et al.
- 28Psychometric Theory Boston. 3rd ed. New York: McGraw-Hill, 1994., .
- 29SF-36 physical and mental component summary measures—a user's manual. Boston: The Health Institute, 1994., , .
- 32The Nottingham Health Profile: subjective health status and medical consultations. Soc Sci Med 1981;15a: 221–9., , , et al.
- 40What does it mean? Anchoring psychosocial quality of life scale score changes with reference to concurrent changes on reported symptom distress. Drug Inf J 1999;33: 445–53..
- 44Benign prostatic hyperplasia specific health status measures in clinical research: how much change in the American Urological Association symptom and the benign prostatic hyperplasia impact index is perceptible to patients? J Urol 1995;154: 1770–4., , , et al.
- 45Construct validation of the USA–Spanish version of the SF-36 Health Survey in a Cuban-American population with benign prostatic hyperplasia. Qual Life Res 1998;7: 121–6., , .
- 47Translating functional health and well-being: international quality of life assessment (IQOLA) project studies of the SF-36 health survey. J Clin Epidemiol 1998;51: 891–1214., .
- 52The Sickness Impact Profile: User's Manual and Interpretation Guide. Medical Outcomes Trust, Boston MA. Baltimore (MD): The Johns Hopkins University, 1996..
- 54The European Group for Quality of Life and Health Measurement. European Guide to the Nottingham Health Profile.The European Group for Quality of Life and Health Measurement (eds). 1992.
- 60Manual of the Functional Assessment of Chronic Illness Therapy (FACIT) Measurement System. Evanston (IL): Evanston Northwestern Healthcare and Northwestern University, 1997..
- 67Assessing the clinical significance of changes in health-related quality of life (HRQOL) scores. In: Abstract Issue 7th Annual Conference of the International Society of Qual Life Res 2000; 9: 275., , .