Where’s the Value in Health Care?
Version of Record online: 2 MAY 2006
Value in Health
Volume 9, Issue 3, pages 141–143, May 2006
How to Cite
Hay, J. W. (2006), Where’s the Value in Health Care?. Value in Health, 9: 141–143. doi: 10.1111/j.1524-4733.2006.00093.x
- Issue online: 2 MAY 2006
- Version of Record online: 2 MAY 2006
- 1Bad for the country. New York Times, November 25, 2005..
- 2Understanding the Underlying Drivers of Inpatient Cost Growth: a Literature Review. Am J Manag Care 2003;9(Suppl. 1):S3–13., , .
- 3Which medical conditions account for the rise in health care spending? Health Aff (Millwood) 2004. Jul–Dec; Suppl Web Exclusives:W4-437-45. Available from: http://content.healthaffairs.org/cgi/reprint/hlthaff.w4.4371[Accessed December 20, 2005]., , .
- 5The Health of Nations: The Contribution of Improved Health to Living Standards. NBER Working Paper Series 8818. Cambridge, MA: National Bureau of Economic Research, 2002..
- 6Measuring the Gains from Medical Research: An Economic Approach. Chicago, IL: University of Chicago Press, 2003., , eds.
- 8Is technological change in medicine worth it? Health Aff 2001;20:11–29., .
- 9U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. Tomorrow’s jobs. Available from: http://www.bls.gov/oco/oco2003.htm[Last accessed December, 2005].
- 10Nationmaster Statistical Series. World exports of pharmaceutical preparations. Available from: http://www.nationmaster.com/graph-T/eco_exp[Last accessed December, 2005].
- 11Bain Consultants. The trouble with cheap drugs. The Economist, January 29, 2004. Available from: http://www.economist.com/displayStory.cfm?Story_ID=2388708[Last accessed July 2004].
- 12Chapter 14. Application of cost effectiveness and cost benefit analysis to pharmaceuticals. In: SantoroM, GorrieT, eds. The Grand Bargain: Ethics and the Pharmaceutical Industry in the 21st Century. New York: Cambridge University Press, 2005..