Writing for the Analytic Methods Working Group, Medication Compliance and Persistence Special Interest Group, and International Society of Pharmacoeconomics and Outcomes Research (ISPOR).
A Checklist for Medication Compliance and Persistence Studies Using Retrospective Databases
Version of Record online: 22 NOV 2006
Value in Health
Volume 10, Issue 1, pages 3–12, January/February 2007
How to Cite
Peterson, A. M., Nau, D. P., Cramer, J. A., Benner, J., Gwadry-Sridhar, F. and Nichol, M. (2007), A Checklist for Medication Compliance and Persistence Studies Using Retrospective Databases. Value in Health, 10: 3–12. doi: 10.1111/j.1524-4733.2006.00139.x
Analytic Methods Working Group: Josh Benner, PharmD, ScD, Joyce A. Cramer, BS, Femida Gwadry-Sridhar, PhD, David Nau, PhD, Michael Nichol, PhD, Andrew M. Peterson, PharmD, Saurabh Ray, PhD, and Anuja Roy, MBA, MSc.
- Issue online: 22 NOV 2006
- Version of Record online: 22 NOV 2006
- 1A checklist for retrospective database studies—report of the ISPOR task force on retrospective databases. Value Health 2003;6:90–7., , , et al.
- 2The revised CONSORT statement for reporting randomized trials: explanation and elaboration. Ann Intern Med 2001;134:663–94., , , et al.
- 3Accuracy of data in abstracts of published research articles. JAMA 1999;281:1110–11., , .
- 4A general method of compliance assessment using centralized pharmacy records. Description and validation. Med Care 1998;26:814–23., , , .
- 5Methods for measuring and monitoring medication regimen adherence in clinical trials and clinical practice. Clin Ther 1999;21:1074–90..
- 6The assessment of refill compliance using pharmacy records: methods, validity, and applications. J Clin Epidemiol 1997;50:105–16., .
- 7Variation in pharmacy prescription refill adherence measures by type of oral antihyperglycaemic drug therapy in seniors in Nova Scotia, Canada. J Clin Pharm Ther 2002;27:213–20., , , .
- 8Persistence with drug therapy: a practical approach using administrative claims data. Manag Care 2001;10:42–5..
- 9Long-term persistence in use of statin therapy in elderly patients. JAMA 2002;288:455–6., , , et al.
- 10Association between short-term effectiveness of statins and long-term adherence to lipid-lowering therapy. Am J Health Syst Pharm 2005;62:1468–75., , , et al.
- 11Predictors of adherence with antihypertensive and lipid-lowering therapy. Arch Intern Med 2005;165:1147–52., , , et al.
- 12Follow-up lipid tests and physician visits are associated with improved adherence to statin therapy. Pharmacoeconomics 2004;22(Suppl. 3):13–23., , , et al.
- 13Drug persistency patterns for patients treated with rivastigmine or donepezil in usual care settings. J Manag Care Pharm 2005;11:231–51., , , .
- 14Treatment options: switching atypical antipsychotic drugs or augmentation with divalproex, a naturalistic study. Clin Ther 2004; 26:905–14., .
- 15The influence of insulin usage on glycemic control: how well do adults follow prescriptions for insulin? Diabetes Care 2005;28:78–83., .
- 16Adherence to protease inhibitor therapy and outcomes in patients with HIV infection. Ann Intern Med 2000;133:21–30., , , et al.
- 17Post hoc power analysis: an idea whose time has passed? Pharmacotherapy 2001;21:405–9., .
- 18Estimating causal effects from large data sets using propensity scores. Ann Intern Med 1997;127(8 Pt 2):757–63..
- 19A new method of classifying prognostic comorbidity in longitudinal studies: development and validation. J Chron Dis 1987;40:373–83., , , .
- 20Utility of the Chronic Disease Score and Charlson Comorbidity Index as comorbidity measures for use in epidemiologic studies of antibiotic-resistant organisms. Am J Epidemiology 2005;161:483–93., , , et al.
- 21The function of the discussion section in academic medical writing. BMJ 2000;320:1269–70., .
- 22The case for structuring the discussion of scientific papers. BMJ 1999;318:1224–5., .
- 23Conflicts of interest: science, money, health. Arch Intern Med 2002;162:635–7., , .
- 24Full disclosure. Am J Health-Sys Pharm 2002;59:1835..