Writing for the International Society for Pharmacoeconomics and Outcomes Research Medication Compliance and Persistence Special Interest Group (Joyce Cramer, Chairman), Working Group on Definitions (Peter Wong and Anita Burrell, Co-Chairs; Steven Clause, Joyce Cramer, Carol Fairchild, Mahesh Fuldeore, Prashant Nikam, Daniel Ollendorf, Anuja Roy, and Jianwei Xuan).
Medication Compliance and Persistence: Terminology and Definitions
Version of Record online: 25 JUN 2007
Value in Health
Volume 11, Issue 1, pages 44–47, January/February 2008
How to Cite
Cramer, J. A., Roy, A., Burrell, A., Fairchild, C. J., Fuldeore, M. J., Ollendorf, D. A. and Wong, P. K. (2008), Medication Compliance and Persistence: Terminology and Definitions. Value in Health, 11: 44–47. doi: 10.1111/j.1524-4733.2007.00213.x
- Issue online: 25 JUN 2007
- Version of Record online: 25 JUN 2007
- 2Partial medication compliance: the enigma in poor medical outcomes. Am J Manag Care 1995;1:45–52..
- 5Compliance with statins in primary care. Pharm J 2004;272:1–40., , , .
- 7Biometric issues in measuring and analyzing partial compliance in clinical trials. In: Cramer, JA, Spilker, B, eds. Compliance in Medical Practice and Clinical Trials. New York: Raven Press, 1991..
- 10Compliance with Therapeutic Regimens. Baltimore, MD: The Johns Hopkins University Press, 1976., .
- 11Adherence to Long-Term Therapies: Evidence for Action. Geneva: World Health Organization, 2003. Available from: http://www.who.int/chronic_conditions/en/adherence_report.pdf[Accessed July 2, 2006]..
- 12Relationship between medication compliance and medical outcomes. Am J Health Syst Pharm 1995;52(Suppl.):S52–9..
- 13Different aspects of adherence to antihypertensive treatments. Exp Rev Pharmacoeconom Res 2004;4:317–3., , , et al.
- 21Patient adherence with HMG reductase inhibitor therapy among users of two types of prescription services. J Manag Care Pharm 2002;8:186–91., , , et al.
- 22Drug persistency patterns for patients treated with rivastigmine or donepezil in usual care settings. J Manag Care Pharm 2005;11:231–9., , , .
- 27Estimating medication persistency using administrative claims data. Am J Manag Care 2005;11:449–57., , .