Cost-Effectiveness of Motivational Interviewing for Smoking Cessation and Relapse Prevention among Low-Income Pregnant Women: A Randomized Controlled Trial
Article first published online: 13 SEP 2007
© 2007, International Society for Pharmacoeconomics and Outcomes Research (ISPOR)
Value in Health
Volume 11, Issue 2, pages 191–198, March/April 2008
How to Cite
Ruger, J. P., Weinstein, M. C., Hammond, S. K., Kearney, M. H. and Emmons, K. M. (2008), Cost-Effectiveness of Motivational Interviewing for Smoking Cessation and Relapse Prevention among Low-Income Pregnant Women: A Randomized Controlled Trial. Value in Health, 11: 191–198. doi: 10.1111/j.1524-4733.2007.00240.x
- Issue published online: 13 SEP 2007
- Article first published online: 13 SEP 2007
- 1Smoking cessation and pregnancy. Fetal Matern Med Rev 2002;3:181–94..
- 4Smoking During Pregnancy in the 1990s. National Vital Statistics Reports. Hyattsville, MD: National Center for Health Statistics, 2001..
- 14Factors related to smoking cessation and relapse among pregnant smokers. Am J Health Behav 1998;22:83–9., .
- 18Cost-Effectiveness in Health and Medicine. New York: Oxford University Press, 1996., , , et al.
- 19Motivational Interviewing: Preparing People to Change Addictive Behaviors. New York: Guilford Press, 1991., .
- 21U.S. Bureau of the Census. Statistical Abstract of the United States: 1997 (117th ed.). Washington, DC: U.S. Gov Printing Office, 1997.
- 26US Department of Health and Human Services. The Health Benefits of Smoking Cessation: A Report from the Surgeon General. Atlanta, GA: US Department of Health and Human Services, Public Health Service, Centers for Disease Control, Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion, Office on Smoking and Health, 1990. DHHS publication no. (CDC) 90-8416.
- 27Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Physician and other health care professional counseling of smokers to quit: United States, 1991. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep 1993;43:925–30.
- 28Current estimates from the National Health Interview Survey, 1991. Vital Health Stat 1992;10:1–232., .
- 29Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Years of healthy life. Stat Notes 1995;7:1–14.