Patient-Reported Outcomes: Instrument Development and Selection Issues
Version of Record online: 8 NOV 2007
Value in Health
Special Issue: The FDA Guidance for Patient-Reported Outcomes
Volume 10, Issue Supplement s2, pages S86–S93, November/December 2007
How to Cite
Turner, R. R., Quittner, A. L., Parasuraman, B. M., Kallich, J. D., Cleeland, C. S. and the Mayo/FDA Patient-Reported Outcomes Consensus Meeting Group (2007), Patient-Reported Outcomes: Instrument Development and Selection Issues. Value in Health, 10: S86–S93. doi: 10.1111/j.1524-4733.2007.00271.x
- Issue online: 8 NOV 2007
- Version of Record online: 8 NOV 2007
- 1Quality of Life: Assessment, Analysis, and Interpretation. Chichester: John Wiley & Sons, 2000.,
- 9The Wisconsin Quality of Life Index: a multidimensional model for measuring quality of life. J Clin Psych 1999;60(Suppl. 3):S29–31.,
- 221979., Quasi-experimentation: design and analysis issues for field settings. Boston, MA: Houghton Mifflin Co.,
- 23Psycinfo. American Psychological Association, Washington, DC. 2006. Available from: http://www.apa.org/psycinfo/[Accessed August 27, 2007].
- 24International Bibliography of Social Sciences, Economic and Social Research Council, and the London School of Economics. British Library of Political and Economic Science of London School of Economics and Political Science, London, England. 2005. Available from: http://www.lse.ac.uk/collections/IBSS/[Accessed March 14, 2007].
- 25EMBASE. Elsevier B.V., New York, NY. 2006. Available from: http://www.embase.com[Accessed March 14, 2007].
- 26Validation of the BDI/TDI clinical thresholds using clinical trials data. Eur Res Rev 2002;12:43–55.Jr.
- 28Mental Measurements Yearbook Test Reviews On-Line. Buros Institute of Mental Measurements, University of Nebraska-Lincoln, Lincoln, NE. 2004. Available from: http://www.unl.edu/buros/bimm/index.html[Accessed March 14, 2007].
- 29Behavioral Tests & Measures in the Health Sciences Resource Guide. Harvey Cushing/John Hay Whitney Medical Library, Yale University School of Medicine. Available from: http://info.med.yale.edu/library/reference/publications/tests.html #Databases [Accessed March 14, 2007].
- 30Health and Psychosocial Instruments (HaPI). Ovid Technologies Inc., New York, NY. 2002. Available from: http://www.ovid.com/site/products/ovidguide/hapidb.htm#geninfo [Accessed March 14, 2007].
- 31Focus Groups: A Practical Guide for Applied Research. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage, 1994.
- 32Data on the Net. University of California, San Diego. Available from: http://3stages.org/idata/[Accessed March 14, 2007].
- 33Gazing into the Oracle: The Delphi Method and Its Application to Social Policy and Public Health. New York: Jessica Kingsley, 1996., , eds.
- 35http://www.is.njit.edu/pubs/delphibook/[Accessed July 18, 2006]., , eds. The Delphi method: techniques and applications. Available from:
- 36Group Techniques for Program Planners. Glenview, IL: Scott Foresman, 1975., ,
- 38Psychometric Theory (3rd ed.). New York: McGraw-Hill Series in Psychology, 1994.,
- 39A Psychometric Primer. London: Free Association Books, 2000.
- 40Health Measurement Scales: A Practical Guide to Their Development and Use (3rd ed.). Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2003.,
- 41Computer software resources for Rasch or IRT models. Medical Outcomes Trust Bulletin, April 1998.,
- 42Special issues for building computerized-adaptive tests for measuring patient-reported outcomes: the National Institute of Health's investment in new technology. Med Care 2006;44(11 Suppl. 3):S1987–204.
- 46Foundations of Behavioral Research (4th ed.). Fort Worth, TX: Harcourt,2000.,