Economic Implications of Entecavir Treatment in Suppressing Viral Replication in Chronic Hepatitis B (CHB) Patients in China from a Perspective of the Chinese Social Security Program
Article first published online: 2 APR 2008
© 2008, International Society for Pharmacoeconomics and Outcomes Research (ISPOR)
Value in Health
Special Issue: Pharmacoeconomics and Outcomes Research in Asia
Volume 11, Issue Supplement s1, pages S11–S22, March/April 2008
How to Cite
Yuan, Y., Iloeje, U., Li, H., Hay, J. and Yao, G. B. (2008), Economic Implications of Entecavir Treatment in Suppressing Viral Replication in Chronic Hepatitis B (CHB) Patients in China from a Perspective of the Chinese Social Security Program. Value in Health, 11: S11–S22. doi: 10.1111/j.1524-4733.2008.00362.x
- Issue published online: 2 APR 2008
- Article first published online: 2 APR 2008
- 3Cost of chronic hepatitis B infection in China. J Clin Gastroenterol 2004;38(Suppl.):S175–8., , , et al.
- 7Clinical significance of YMDD mutant hepatitis B virus in a large cohort of lamivudine-treated hepatitis B patients [Abstract]. Hepatology 1998;28:319–A., , , et al.
- 8Entecavir Two Year Resistance Update: No Resistance Observed in Nucleoside Naïve Patients and Low Frequency Resistance Emergence in Lamivudine Refractory Patients. 56th Annual Meeting of AASLD. San Francisco, CA. Nov 1115, 2005. Poster 962., , , et al.
- 91115, Nov, 2005. Available from: http://220.127.116.11/courses/2005/State-of-the-Art/Lai/player.html[Accessed January, 2006].. The Natural History and Treatment of CHB; Controversies and Consensus. Leon Schiff State of the Art Lecture – AASLD San Francisco.
- 12Elevated serum level of hepatitis B virus (HBV) DNA is an independent risk factor for Hepatocellular carcinoma: a long term follow-up study in Taiwan. Oral presentation 40th European Society for the Study of Liver Meeting. Paris, April 13–17th 2005. J Hepatol 2005;42(Suppl. 2):16–7., , , et al.
- 13Progression to decompensate cirrhosis in chronic hepatitis B virus infected persons is strongly associated with baseline viral load. Poster presentation 40th European Society for the Study of Liver Meeting. Paris, April 13–17th 2005 EASL. J Hepatol 2005;42(Suppl. 2):195., , , et al.
- 16China Statistical Yearbook. Beijing: China Statistics Press, 2004.
- 17The Vital Statistics of China. Beijing: Ministry of Health, 2004.
- 20Effect of hepatitis B and C virus infections on the natural history of compensated cirrhosis: a cohort study of 297 patients. Am J Gastroenterol 2002;97:2886–95., , , et al.Direct Link:
- 21The impact of chronic hepatitis B disease progression on quality of life: a multinational study of health state preferences from infected and uninfected persons. Value Health 2008 (Online Early Articles)., , , et al.
- 24https://www.aasld.org/eweb/DynamicPage.aspx?Site=AASLD3&webcode=ViralHepatitis[Accessed October 13, 2004]., . American association for the study of liver diseases practice guidelines: chronic hepatitis B. American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases website [updated December, 2003]. Available from:
- 26WHO. Macroeconomics and Health: Investing in Health for Economic Development-Report of the Commission on Macroeconomics and Health. Geneva, Switzerland: World Health Organization, 2001.
- 28Past HBV viral load as predictor of mortality and morbidity from HCC and chronic liver disease in a prospective study. Am J Gastroenterol 2006;101:1797–803., , , et al.Direct Link:
- 31Hepatitis B virus genotype and DNA level and hepatocellular carcinoma: a prospective study in men. J Natl Cancer Inst 2005;16:265–72., , , et al.
- 37Long-term incidence of adefovir diprivoxil resistance in chronic hepatitis B patients after 144 weeks of therapy [Abstract]. J Hepatol 2004;40:57-A., , , et al.
- 44Lamivudine treatment is beneficial in patients with severely decompensate cirrhosis and actively replicating hepatitis B infection awaiting liver transplantation: a comparative study using a matched, untreated cohort. Hepatology 2001;34:411–6., , , et al.
- 47et al. United States Lamivudine Compassionate Use Study Group. A United States compassionate use study of lamivudine treatment in nontransplantation candidates with decompensate hepatitis B virus-related cirrhosis. Liver Transpl 2003;9:49–56., , ,
- 59Prophylactic lamivudine administration prevents exacerbation of liver damage in HBe antigen positive patients with hepatocellular carcinoma undergoing transhepatic arterial infusion chemotherapy. Am J Gastroenterol 2004;99:2369–75., , , et al.Direct Link:
- 68Entecavir results in greater HBV DNA reduction vs adefovir in chronically infected HBeAg(+) antiviral-naïve adults: 24-week results (E.A.R.L.Y. study). Hepatology 2006; 44(4 Suppl. 1):554A (Abstract 982)., , , et al.