An Economic Evaluation of Valsartan for Post-MI Patients in the UK Who Are Not Suitable for Treatment with ACE Inhibitors
Article first published online: 14 JAN 2009
© 2009, International Society for Pharmacoeconomics and Outcomes Research (ISPOR)
Value in Health
Volume 12, Issue 4, pages 459–465, June 2009
How to Cite
Taylor, M., Scuffham, P. A., Chaplin, S. and Papo, N. L. (2009), An Economic Evaluation of Valsartan for Post-MI Patients in the UK Who Are Not Suitable for Treatment with ACE Inhibitors. Value in Health, 12: 459–465. doi: 10.1111/j.1524-4733.2008.00494.x
- Issue published online: 28 MAY 2009
- Article first published online: 14 JAN 2009
- 1Pharmaceutical use and expenditure for cardiovascular disease and stroke: a study of 12 OECD countries. OECD Health Working Paper 2003;1:1–79., .
- 8Microsoft. Excel 2000. Available from: http://www.microsoft.com/uk/office/excel/[Accessed March 6, 2008.
- 10The Acute Infarction Ramipril Efficacy (AIRE) Study Investigators. Effect of ramipril on mortality and morbidity of survivors of acute myocardial infarction with clinical evidence of heart failure. Lancet 1993;342:821–8.
- 16Department of Health. NHS Reference Costs 2004–2005. Available from: http://www.dh.gov.uk/en/Publicationsandstatistics/Publications/PublicationsPolicyAndGuidance/DH_4105545[Accessed March 6, 2008].
- 17Scottish Medicines Consortium. Guidance to Manufacturers: Notes for the Completion of the New Product Assessment Form, 2004.
- 18National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence. Guide to the Methods of Technology Appraisal. Available from: http://www.nice.org.uk/page.aspx?o=201973[Accessed February 2, 2006.
- 20Cost-effectiveness of ramipril therapy for patients with clinical evidence of heart failure after acute myocardial infarction. Br J Clin Pract 1995;(Suppl. 78):S26–32., .
- 22British Cardiovascular Intervention Society. BCIS Audit Returns 2001. Available from: http://www.bcis.org.uk/audit/audit2001[Accessed November 11, 2003.
- 24Unit Costs of Health and Social Care 2005, 2005., .
- 25British Medical Association RPSoGB. British National Formulary 55. London: Royal Pharmaceutical Society of Great Britain, 2005.