The Effect of Waiting Time on Health-Related Quality of Life, Pain, and Physical Function in Patients Awaiting Primary Total Hip Replacement: A Randomized Controlled Trial
Version of Record online: 23 APR 2009
© 2009, International Society for Pharmacoeconomics and Outcomes Research (ISPOR)
Value in Health
Volume 12, Issue 6, pages 942–947, September 2009
How to Cite
Hirvonen, J., Tuominen, U., Seitsalo, S., Lehto, M., Paavolainen, P., Hietaniemi, K., Rissanen, P., Sintonen, H. and Blom, M. (2009), The Effect of Waiting Time on Health-Related Quality of Life, Pain, and Physical Function in Patients Awaiting Primary Total Hip Replacement: A Randomized Controlled Trial. Value in Health, 12: 942–947. doi: 10.1111/j.1524-4733.2009.00544.x
- Issue online: 24 JUL 2009
- Version of Record online: 23 APR 2009
- 1Explaining waiting times variations for elective surgery across OECD countries. OECD Health Working Papers, 2003;7:10–11.,
- 10The 15D Measure of Health-Related Quality of Life: Reliability, Validity and Sensitivity of Its Health State Descriptive System. Melbourne: National Centre for Health Program Evaluation, Working Paper 41, 1994.
- 13The 15-D Measure of Health-Related Quality of Life. II. Feasibility and Validity of Its Valuation System. Melbourne: National Centre for Health Program Evaluation, Working Paper 42, 1995.
- 18Ministry of Social Affairs and Health. National Project to Secure the Future of Health Care Access to Health Care and Waiting List Management. Helsinki: Memorandums of the Ministry of Social Affairs and Health; 2003:33.
- 20Operative inpatient services 2003, statistical summary 14. Helsinki: National Research and Development Centre for Welfare and Health., .
- 21Orthopedic surgeries in Finland 1987–2002. Number of surgeries according to the geographic areas, waiting time and centralization. Duodecim 2005;121:861–71., , , et al.
- 23Health-related quality of life in patients waiting for major joint replacement. A comparison between patients and population controls. Available from http://www.hglo.com/content/4/1/3[Accessed January 20, 2006]., , , et al.
- 24Total hip and knee replacement patients' willingness to receive care in another hospital. Finn Med J 2006;61:205–9., ,