Using the Incremental Net Benefit Framework for Quantitative Benefit–Risk Analysis in Regulatory Decision-Making—A Case Study of Alosetron in Irritable Bowel Syndrome
Article first published online: 10 SEP 2009
© 2009, International Society for Pharmacoeconomics and Outcomes Research (ISPOR)
Value in Health
Volume 13, Issue 4, pages 411–417, June/July 2010
How to Cite
Lynd, L. D., Najafzadeh, M., Colley, L., Byrne, M. F., Willan, A. R., Sculpher, M. J., Johnson, F. R. and Hauber, A. B. (2010), Using the Incremental Net Benefit Framework for Quantitative Benefit–Risk Analysis in Regulatory Decision-Making—A Case Study of Alosetron in Irritable Bowel Syndrome. Value in Health, 13: 411–417. doi: 10.1111/j.1524-4733.2009.00595.x
- Issue published online: 30 JUN 2010
- Article first published online: 10 SEP 2009
- 1The Future of Drug Safety: Promoting and Protecting the Health of the Public. Washington, DC: The National Academy Press, 2007., , , eds.
- 2Committee for Medical Products for Human Use. Reflection Paper on Benefit-Risk Assessment Methods in Context of the Evaluation of Marketing Authorisation Applications of Medicinal Products for Human Use. London: European Medicines Agency, 2008.
- 11Center for Drug Evaluation and Research. Lotronex tablets (alosetron hydrochloride): questions and answers. 2002. Available from: http://www.fda.gov/Drugs/DrugSafety/PostmarketDrugSafetyInformationforPatientsandProviders/ucm110859.htm[Accessed December 4, 2007.
- 13Long-term safety and efficacy of alosetron in women with severe diarrhea-predominant irritable bowel syndrome. Am J Gastroenterol 2004;99:2195–203., , , et al.Direct Link:
- 14Incidence of ischemic colitis and serious complications of constipation among patients using alosetron: systematic review of clinical trials and post-marketing surveillance data. Am J Gastroenterol 2006;101:1069–79., , , et al.Direct Link:
- 15Tolerability and safety of alosetron during long-term administration in female and male irritable bowel syndrome patients. Am J Gastroenterol 2001;96:803–11., , , et al.Direct Link:
- 17Methods for Economic Evalution of Health Programs. New York: Oxford University Press, 2005., , , et al.
- 18National Institute for Clinical Excellence. Guide to Methods of Technology Appraisal. London: National Health Service, 2004.
- 19Anastrozole had a better risk-benefit profile than tamoxifen as adjuvant treatment for breast cancer in postmenopausal women. ACP J Club 2007;146:4..
- 26US Food and Drug Administration. Transcript: joint meeting with the risk management subcommittee of the advisory committee for pharmaceutical sciences. 2002. Available from: http://www.fda.gov/ohrms/dockets/ac/02/transcripts/3848T1.htm[Accessed February 29, 2008.