Effects of Method of Translation of Patient-Reported Health Outcome Questionnaires: A Randomized Study of the Translation of the Rheumatoid Arthritis Quality of Life (RAQoL) Instrument for Sweden
Article first published online: 8 JAN 2010
© 2009, International Society for Pharmacoeconomics and Outcomes Research (ISPOR)
Value in Health
Volume 13, Issue 4, pages 424–430, June/July 2010
How to Cite
Hagell, P., Hedin, P.-J., Meads, D. M., Nyberg, L. and McKenna, S. P. (2010), Effects of Method of Translation of Patient-Reported Health Outcome Questionnaires: A Randomized Study of the Translation of the Rheumatoid Arthritis Quality of Life (RAQoL) Instrument for Sweden. Value in Health, 13: 424–430. doi: 10.1111/j.1524-4733.2009.00677.x
- Issue published online: 30 JUN 2010
- Article first published online: 8 JAN 2010
- 1Health Measurement Scales: A Practical Guide to Their Development and Use (4th ed.). New York: Oxford University Press Inc., 2008., .
- 6Principles of good practice for the translation and cultural adaptation Process for Patient-Reported Outcomes (PRO) measures: report of the ISPOR task force for translation and cultural adaptation. Value Health 2005;8:94–104., , , et al.
- 10Translation and cultural adaptation of quality of life questionnaires: an evaluation of methodology. J Rheumatol 2003;30:379–85., , .
- 18The development of a patient-completed index of distress from the Nottingham Health Profile: a new measure for use in cost-utility studies. Br J Med Econ 1993;6:13–24., , .
- 22SF Health Outcomes™ Scoring Software User's Guide. Lincoln: QualityMetric, Inc., 2004., , , et al.
- 24Psychometric Theory (3rd ed.). New York: McGraw-Hill, Inc., 1994., .
- 25Rasch Models for Measurement. Beverly Hills, CA: Sage Publications, Inc, 1988..
- 26Interpreting RUMM. Perth: RUMM Laboratory Pty Ltd., 20042005., , .
- 28The adaptation of health status measures: methodological aspects of the translation procedure. In: ShumakerS, BerzonR, eds. International Use and Performance of Health-Related Quality of Life Instruments. Oxford: Oxford Rapid Communication, 1995., .