Economic Implications of 21-Gene Breast Cancer Risk Assay from the Perspective of an Israeli-Managed Health-Care Organization
Article first published online: 15 APR 2010
© 2010, International Society for Pharmacoeconomics and Outcomes Research (ISPOR)
Value in Health
Volume 13, Issue 4, pages 381–387, June/July 2010
How to Cite
Klang, S. H., Hammerman, A., Liebermann, N., Efrat, N., Doberne, J. and Hornberger, J. (2010), Economic Implications of 21-Gene Breast Cancer Risk Assay from the Perspective of an Israeli-Managed Health-Care Organization. Value in Health, 13: 381–387. doi: 10.1111/j.1524-4733.2010.00724.x
- Issue published online: 30 JUN 2010
- Article first published online: 15 APR 2010
- 1Cancer Incidence in Four Member Countries (Cyprus, Egypt, Israel, and Jordan) of the Middle East Cancer Consortium (MECC) Compared with US SEER. National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD, 2006. NIH Pub. No. 06-5873., , , (eds).
- 2The Global Burden of Disease: 2004 Update. Geneva, Switzerland: World Health Organization, 2008., , , et al.
- 3Two months of doxorubicin-cyclophosphamide with and without interval reinduction therapy compared with 6 months of cyclophosphamide, methotrexate, and fluorouracil in positive-node breast cancer patients with tamoxifen-nonresponsive tumors: results from the National Surgical Adjuvant Breast and Bowel Project B-15. J Clin Oncol 1990;8:1483–96., , , et al.
- 4National Comprehensive Cancer Network, Inc. Breast Cancer, V.1.2009. 2008. Available from: http://www.nccn.org/professionals/physician_gls/f_guidelines.asp[Accessed June 18, 2009.
- 11Prospective multi-center study of the impact of the 21-gene recurrence score assay on patient satisfaction, anxiety and decisional conflict for adjuvant breast cancer treatment selection. Abstract #1092. In: 30th Annual San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium, December 13, 2007; San Antonio, TX., , , et al.
- 12The role of Oncotype DX assay on appropriate treatment for estrogen positive, lymph node negative invasive breast cancer. American Society of Breast Surgeons Annual Meeting; 2008; New York, NY; 2008., , .
- 13Evaluation of practice patterns in the treatment of node-negative, hormone-receptor positive breast cancer patients with the use of the Oncotype DX assay at the University of Pennsylvania. Abstract #3082. In: 30th Annual San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium, December 14, 2007; San Antonio, TX., , , et al.
- 14A prospective study of the impact of the 21-gene recurrence score assay on treatment decisions in N-, ER+ early stage breast cancer patients. Abstract #11008. In: ASCO Annual Meeting, June 20, 2007; Chicago, IL., , , .
- 17Department of Health and Human Services, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and National Cancer institute. United States Cancer Statistics: 1999–2005 Incidence and Mortality Web-Based Report. Atlanta, GA: Department of Health and Human Services, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and National Cancer institute, 2009.
- 18Cost-Effectiveness in Health and Medicine. New York: Oxford University Press, 1996., , .
- 19A systematic review of breast cancer utility weights. Abstract #PCN77. ISPOR 13th Annual International Meeting 2008, May 3–7, 2009, Toronto, Ontario, Canada., .
- 26American Joint. Committee on Cancer. AJCC Cancer Staging Manual (6th ed.). New York: Springer, 2002.
- 30Impact of Gene Expression Profiling Tests on Breast Cancer Outcomes. Evidence Report/Technology Assessment No. 160. (Prepared by The Johns Hopkins University Evidence-based Practice Center under contract No. 290-02-0018). AHRQ Publication No. 08-E002. Rockville, MD: Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality. January 2008., , , et al.