The Cost-Effectiveness of Spinal Cord Stimulation for Complex Regional Pain Syndrome
Version of Record online: 7 JUN 2010
© 2010, International Society for Pharmacoeconomics and Outcomes Research (ISPOR)
Value in Health
Volume 13, Issue 6, pages 735–742, September/October 2010
How to Cite
Kemler, M. A., Raphael, J. H., Bentley, A. and Taylor, R. S. (2010), The Cost-Effectiveness of Spinal Cord Stimulation for Complex Regional Pain Syndrome. Value in Health, 13: 735–742. doi: 10.1111/j.1524-4733.2010.00744.x
- Issue online: 3 SEP 2010
- Version of Record online: 7 JUN 2010
- 11NICE. Spinal Cord Stimulation for Chronic Pain of Neuropathic Or Ischaemic Origin. London: National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence, 2008. Available from: http://www.nice.org.uk/Guidance/TA159[Accessed September 30, 2009].
- 12Classification of chronic pain. In: MerskeyH, BogdukN, eds. Descriptions of Chronic Pain Syndromes and Definition of Pain Terms (2nd ed.). Seattle, WA: IASP Press, 1994., .
- 15Modelling valuations for EuroQoL health states. Med Care 1997;35:1095–108..
- 17Quality of life, resource consumption and costs of spinal cord stimulation versus conventional medical management in neuropathic pain patients with failed back surgery syndrome (PROCESS Trial). Eur J Pain 2008;12:1047–58., , , et al.
- 18NICE. Guide to the Methods of Technology Appraisal. London: National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence, 2008. Available from: http://www.nice.org.uk/media/B52/A7/TAMethodsGuideUpdatedJune2008.pdf[Accessed September 30, 2009].
- 19Representing uncertainty: the role of cost-effectiveness acceptability curves. Health Econ 2001;10:779–87., , .
- 22Spinal cord stimulation for chronic pain of neuropathic or ischaemic origin: systematic review and economic evaluation. Health Technol Assess 2009;13(iii):ix–x, 1–154., , , et al.
- 25National Health Service England, Hospital Episodes Statistics. Totals report for Procedure A483 (Insertion of neurostimulator adjacent to spinal cord) for the all SHA's (Strategic Health Authorities) of treatment. 2005/06. Available from: http://www.hesonline.nhs.uk/Ease/servlet/ContentServer?siteID=1937[Accessed May 7, 2010].
- 26UK Office of National Statistics. Available from: http://www.statistics.gov.uk[Accessed September 30, 2009].