Version of Record online: 28 JUN 2008
The Journal of Clinical Hypertension
Volume 4, Issue 6, pages 393–404, NOVEMBER/DECEMBER 2002
How to Cite
Cushman, W. C., Ford, C. E., Cutler, J. A., Margolis, K. L., Davis, B. R., Grimm, R. H., Black, H. R., Hamilton, B. P., Holland, J., Nwachuku, C., Papademetriou, V., Probstfield, J., Wright, J. I., Alderman, M. H., Weiss, R. J., Piller, L., Bettencourt, J., Walsh, S. M. and For The ALLHAT Collaborative Research Group (2002), Original Papers. The Journal of Clinical Hypertension, 4: 393–404. doi: 10.1111/j.1524-6175.2002.02045.x
- Issue online: 28 JUN 2008
- Version of Record online: 28 JUN 2008
- Manuscript received October 17, 2002; accepted October 23, 2002
- 2Joint National Committee on Prevention, Detection, Evaluation, and Treatment of High Blood Pressure: the sixth report of the Joint National Committee on Prevention, Detection, Evaluation, and Treatment of High Blood Pressure. Arch Intern Med. 1997;157:2413–2446.
- 3Hypertension: a worldwide epidemic. In: BlackHR, IzzoJIJr, eds. Hypertension Primer, Second Edition, The Essentials of High Blood Pressure. Dallas, TX; American Heart Association; 1999:271–273..
- 8World Health Organization-International Society of Hypertension Guidelines Subcommittee. 1999 World Health Organization-International Society of Hypertension guidelines for the management of hypertension. J Hypertens. 1999;17:151–183.
- 10The ALLHAT Officers and Coordinators for the ALLHAT Collaborative Research Group. Major cardiovascular events in hypertensive patients randomized to doxazosin vs. chlorthalidone: the Antihypertensive and Lipid-Lowering Treatment to Prevent Heart Attack Trial (ALLHAT). JAMA. 2000;283:1967–1975.
- 12Rationale and design for the Antihypertensive and Lipid-Lowering Treatment to Prevent Heart Attack Trial (ALLHAT).In: BlackHR, ed. Clinical Trials in Hypertension. New York, NY: Marcel Dekker; 2001: 531–586., , , et al.
- 16A multiple comparisons procedure for comparing several treatments with a control. J Am Stat Assoc. 1955;60:573–583..
- 21for the Department of Veterans Affairs Cooperative Study Group on Antihypertensive Agents. Regional and racial differences in response to antihypertensive medication use in a randomized controlled trial of men with hypertension in the United States. Arch Intern Med. 2000;160:825–831., , , et al.,